Saturday, August 20, 2011

Coming and Going

Well, It's been forever -- again. I'm not very good at posting regularly. I would love to write something every day, but I just don't have enough time. I have more time to work on things now that I'm not working ALL the time, but I have SO many things going on that I feel like I'm meeting myself coming and going. I'm helping to coach the North Daviess volleyball team, I take my couponing very seriously, I am trying to get things done around the house, I'm selling stuff on EBAY, and I'm doing lots of massages at the office, as usual. It's more than enough to keep me busy! But life couldn't be better!

So now, lets try to get caught up a little bit. My last post was Thursday of last week, so there is quite a bit to cover. Friday, I got to see my Sammie at work one last time. She came in to cover the front desk for the day. Once I finished my massages and visited with Sammie for a bit, I headed for home. Tim had to work Friday night, but I had a volleyball practice to keep me occupied for a couple hours. I can't tell you how much I love being involved again with THE BEST SPORT EVER! I also had practice Saturday morning at 7:00 am, and the rest of Saturday turned out to be a great day! I spent the day in Bloomington with Sammie, Jessica, Sam's sister Lindsay, and Sam's Mom Jane. Oh my gosh, did we ever have fun -- We were celebrating Sammie's birthday! We started the afternoon at the Trojan Horse for lunch. You can imagine the jokes and laughs that we had while eating our gyros. After eating at "The Trojan," we walked around some of the shops on Kirkwood for a couple hours. I wasn't looking to spend a lot of money, but it was still fun to look around. Our next stop was Oliver Winery for a wine tasting. It was my first time and I have to admit that it was pretty fun. We tried a bunch of different wines, but the Blackberry and Moscato were my favorites. We even bought a bottle of the Blackberry to enjoy on the patio. We found a nice cozy patio table next to the coy pond (they were HUGE -- Tim would have had his bowfishing bow out and READY to GO), and had a great time with good wine, good friends, and chocolate. We were all more than a little tipsy (besides Jane; she was our driver) by the time we headed to the mall for some more shopping. I didn't spend too much, but I probably spent more than I should have. Who can pass up shirts for $4.00 though? And I got some great yoga pants to wear when I'm coaching. It was late by the time I got home, but I can't imagine a better Saturday with my girls.

 Squashed-Face Glenna

The whole gang at Oliver Winery

Sunday was also a pretty good day for me. I slept in a while, but then made my trip to Elnora for a copy of the Indy Star. I can't miss out on my coupons. I spent the rest of the morning clipping coupons and planning my shopping trips for the next week. I made a big pot of chili for supper -- I can only make a huge pot of chili, otherwise the proportions aren't right. After Tim left for work, I mowed the yard before calling it quits for the night.

This week was a fantastic week! I wound up doing 24 and a half hours of massage, which is as close to a full week (25 hours) as I can possibly get. Tim and I spent some great time together as well. We had a couple great dinners on Monday and Tuesday night, and we went squirrel hunting on Wednesday morning. We got one squirrel apiece, which made Dixie very happy because she got to retrieve them from the woods for us. We could have gotten more I think, but the wind was blowing pretty steady and we couldn't see them moving in the trees. I made lasagna for lunch once we got back to the house. After eating, Tim took a nap and I headed to work. My plans for Wednesday evening included a trip to Wal-Mart and CVS. I scored a ton of free stuff at CVS and saved about $30 on my groceries at Wal-Mart! I love couponing! I am totally hooked. It's such a great feeling to come out of a store and know that you saved a ton of money. Jessica and I made a page on Facebook called "Coupon Clippers of Daviess County" that has really taken off! We have almost 100 Likes! That's incredible. I never dreamed it would be so popular so fast. I think its a great way to share ideas and coupons with others in our area. Jess and I are having our first get together next Friday evening at Eastside Park. Hopefully lots of people will turn out and make it a success!

Thursday night, I coached at my first ever North Daviess Volleyball Game. The girls had a game Tuesday night at Shoals that they won, but I wasn't able to go. They played Bloomfield Thursday night and WON AGAIN! They had to have 4 out of 5 games to win it, because the first game was a little ugly, but I thought that they all played really well. I have really missed playing volleyball, and it's wonderful to be involved again. I love coaching almost as much as playing. Next week, I will be coaching at Washington on Tuesday night, at North Daviess on Thursday, and maybe at the Pike Central Tourney in Petersburg on Saturday. I wish I could go to the practices too, but I get off work at the same time that they get out of practice, so that doesn't work. The games start at 6:00 pm though, so that's do-able for my schedule. It should make for a really busy week!

I think I'm about done blogging for the day. I need to go run through the shower and grab something to eat (I've got the munchies). I may do a little reading, but I think that I'm going to make today a relaxing day. I would like to go fishing on the river with Tim tonight, but he stayed out until 6:00 this morning and I don't think that sounds like a good idea to me. We will just have to see what happens.

Hopefully we will hear from Dwain again tomorrow. Sundays are usually the day he calls, if he can, so we hang out by the phone on Sundays. He called us last weekend and he is doing fine. They wound up just leveling the marketplace he was at instead of risking lives to get the job done. Much easier (and safer) that way. The link to the story about Dwain's latest mission is HERE. You should all read it. We are so PROUD of him! I miss him so much. I can't wait to give him a HUGE hug! Well, I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday! I plan on it too!   :^D
Operation Saheeb -- Four Months, One Week, Two Days

No comments:

Post a Comment