Thursday, August 11, 2011

It's Been a While, Huh?

Oh goodness! I have been away for a while. We finally got a new laptop (I scored a GREAT deal on it at Office Depot last weekend), so I now have the ability to blog again. I have really missed sharing with everyone, and I'm afraid that too much has gone on in the last couple weeks -- I might not remember everything I wanted to tell you, but I'll try my best!

The biggest thing that has changed is the hours I am working. Dr. Bowling had to make some cutbacks, so I am no longer working at the front desk -- I am only doing massages at the office. It does stink a lot to have a smaller paycheck every week, but I honestly think it has been a blessing in disguise. I now work from 1:00 to 6:00 Monday thru Thursday and from 8:00 to 1:00 on Fridays. 25 hours of massage a week. I will still make plenty of money (just maybe not as much as I'm used to), and I am LOVING my new hours. I now have more time to spend with Tim, more time to work on things at home (like mowing the yard and cleaning the house, which both need done right now), more time to sew, more time to sell stuff on Ebay, and more time for massages outside of the office. Not to mention that I feel better than I have in months and my level of sanity is closer to normal. I didn't realize that I was burning myself out so quickly. It's going to be alright! It was a little stressful at first (change is always stressful), but we have adapted. Now, instead of getting up at 6:30 almost every day, I can stay up late working on things and then sleep in a little bit. I like to think that positive thoughts create positive actions, so I am trying to be optimistic about all this. It has definitely been quite a lot to take in and process, but everything will work out for the best, I'm sure. The thing that upsets me the most is that I am no longer working with my beautiful Sammie (she got laid off in the "hours cutting" process). She made everyday at work so enjoyable! It's just not the same without her. I will miss that smile -- Not that I won't ever see her again, but it sure was awesome to see her everyday.

So, with my extra free time, I have been mainly trying to get the things that I have been putting off for months finished. It's amazing how much I can get done when I have all week to work on things instead of just the weekends. I have plans to paint our bathroom, and I really need to get the windows sealed up so that our electric bill won't be so high. I don't think it will help much in this heat, but it's worth a shot. I also have a lot of sewing projects in mind, and of course, it's almost hunting season(s), so I will be doing a lot of hunting with Tim in a couple weeks. Squirrel season starts Monday!!

I just thought of something else that has changed at the office. After next Friday, I will be the only massage therapist working at Bowling Chiropractic. Randi has decided to leave us, and the new girl won't be able to start until she gets certified/licensed, which could take several weeks. I am going to be busy, to say the least. My own regulars are enough to keep my schedule fairly full, but it's going to get a little insane when I start absorbing Randi's patients too. Oh well, it's better for the ol' paycheck!

I think that's all I'm going to write about for today. There has been so much going on lately that I would have to write for five or six hours to cover everything, and I just don't have time for that. We have talked to Dwain a couple times here and there the last couple weeks. The last time was Monday, which was Mom and Dad's 30th anniversary. He had to do a little bribing I think, but it is always good to hear from him. He is still out in the field on a mission, which is more than a little dangerous. How DARE they shoot at my brother!! He did tell us that he should be headed back to the States by the first of November, so he only has about two and a half months left. He has been gone FOUR MONTHS today! Time really has flown by! I can't wait to get that tall, goofy thing back home. I think that I might start by giving him a hug for a whole hour, then because I connect with people by touching them, I want to give him a massage -- for about three hours! I don't think he will have any objections to that. I worry about him everyday, but I know that God is looking out for him. He has always been good at keeping out of trouble, so I try not to worry too much, because I could drive myself crazy by worrying -- and that's just not healthy.

Well, I'm signing off for now. It's about time for me to get ready for work. Tim and I had "Taco Night" last night, so I will be having some leftovers for my lunch today. I have a full massage schedule waiting on me at the office. It's a good day! I hope you all have a good day as well!   :^)
Operation Saheeb -- FOUR MONTHS!

No comments:

Post a Comment