Sunday, April 10, 2011

Congratulations Sara and Justin!

Today has been a wonderful, lazy Sunday. I have spent a good deal of time doing laundry at Mom's, and the rest of the time relaxing before I go back to work tomorrow. There is only one opening in my massage schedule next week, so I am enjoying my not-busy time. I have neglected my blog again this week, so I need to spend some time getting caught back up again. Next week should be back to normal, or as normal as we ever get, so I should do better about posting.

My last post was on Tuesday night (very late Tuesday night), so I will start with Wednesday. The morning was busier than usual (about like last week), but I still managed to get quite a bit done. I even had time to get on the Decompression Table and try to make my neck feel better. I am still nursing a stiff neck from the weekend, but it has improved pretty steadily since last week. I am hoping that I can get Randi, who is the other massage therapist I work with, to come in early on Tuesday and work on me a little bit. My week is just too busy to still be having neck pain, but one of the best things about working for a chiropractor is that they take care of me. I am "well adjusted." Wednesday afternoon, I had a full massage schedule (5 massages). They were pretty straight-forward neck pain complaints though, so I wasn't totally wiped out at the end of the day. Working on someone's neck is typically easier than dealing with low back pain, especially because low back pain is usually experienced by big, burly men. After work on Wednesday, I ran my paycheck to the bank -- finally -- and stubbed my toe on the door to the bank. It hurt like no other! My nail on my little toe split about halfway up and I took a big chunk out of the top of my toe. Thankfully, I had a band-aid in my purse, because I was bleeding like crazy. I had planned on going on a run with Dixie when I got home, but the thought of putting on tennis shoes was unbearable. Tim was home from work Wednesday night, so we had a nice night in. I made enchiladas for supper -- Yummy -- and we watched a little TV. Justified was on, but I fell asleep halfway through. I really have no idea what's going on anymore on the show, but it's still fun to watch. I will have to buy the DVD when it comes out later this year. Tim finally took pity on me, and we went to bed. Finally, I got a solid 8 hours of sleep. I need to do better on that, because my body hates me when I don't get enough sleep.

Thursday morning, I seriously debated staying in bed with Tim, but I was a good girl and went to work as usual. I had a ton of stuff to work on, so I was busy the whole morning. I ate my lunch (leftover enchiladas) in the office, because I didn't have any errands to run. I surfed around on the Internet for a little bit while I was eating. I have been looking for some new shirts to wear to work, but everything I have tried on doesn't fit in the shoulder and is not long enough -- I decided to say "the heck with it" and bought a pattern for the type of shirt I want. Now, I can make my shirts fit how I want them to, and I can make it in any color I want. Thank you Momma for teaching me how to sew all those years ago; it's one of the best skills I have and it makes life so much easier. We had a productive staff meeting after lunch -- I even stretched my neck again on the Decompression Table. Once again, my massage schedule was booked for the afternoon. My guardian angel is making sure that I have people to help and money in the bank. Life is good! After work, Tim fried up some fish for supper, while I assembled his Inversion Table. It went together really easily and is now occupying a portion of our living room. I have used it a couple times, and I really like how it makes my back and neck feel. I can feel it working on my hips as well. The only problem I had with it was that my derriere was a little too rounded (thank you, volleyball for giving me a big butt) and it was putting stress on my low back because I wasn't laying completely flat. I solved this problem by putting a small pillow under my low back; now it just feels awesome. Tim hasn't taken the time to use it much, but I really think it will help his back also. The angle of inversion we are using is just barely more than completely horizontal because it's too intense to do any more right now. We are just starting out and will have to gradually increase our angle as we go. Tim's fish (and french fries) was really good, but by the time we finished eating, it was time for bed.

Friday, I did my usual 5 massages from 8:00 to 1:00, then I was headed home for the weekend. We had an appointment at Dr. Royal's office to get Dixie's rabies shot updated and pick up some flea and tick stuff for her and Chuck. I wound up spending quite a chunk of money there, but we are stocked up on flea stuff for several months now. I even got some wormer for Chuck to keep him from getting sick from the assortment of small creatures he eats. Got to keep my babies healthy! Then Tim and I walked about 3 miles or so checking trail cameras and looking for turkeys. We saw a couple of them, and we even found an antler that a buck had shed in the woods. Dixie must have run about 10 miles, because she was TIRED! Unfortunately, Tim had to work Friday night (and the rest of the weekend), but I was fairly productive. I went for a run/walk with Dixie right before dark, then folded up some laundry and did the dishes. I wound up falling asleep on the couch later on, but I woke up at about 3:00 am and moved to our comfy bed. Poor Little Chuck was curled up asleep on the back step like a hobo cat, so I let him inside on my way to bed.

When Tim got home Saturday morning, we went for a little drive listening for turkeys. I love hearing them gobble their brains out first thing in the morning. We also saw a fox on our travels around the block. I thought Dixie was going to come apart at the seams wanting to get it. She also growled at the three deer we saw. We saw them in our headlights, then all of a sudden Dix materialized between us with a deep growl like she was going to scare them off. She is such a good girl. We came back to the house before too long and went back to bed. I got up again around 10:00 and did several loads of laundry throughout the day at Mom and Dad's. I worked on some other odd jobs around the house, then at about 3:30 I had to get through the shower and get dressed up for my cousin Sara's wedding. She looked absolutely beautiful and had a perfect ceremony. Justin will be a great addition to the family, and his girls are wonderful too. The reception was great! I had a blast dancing with the "older crowd" because we liked the same music. There is nothing like some AC/DC to get your blood pumping and your heart rate elevated. I even got to share a dance with Pop -- He and Mom danced together on every slow song. I hope that when Tim and I have been married for 30 years, we have a love like Mom and Dad. I am truly blessed with the BEST family. We stayed late to help clean up and chat, so when I finally got home around 1:00 or so, I went straight to bed. Do not pass GO, Do not collect $200.

Tim and I laid around for a little while when he got home this morning, then decided that we weren't going to sleep anytime soon, so we went to look for turkeys again. It was a little late in the morning to find any though, but we caught breakfast at Subway, so it was a good morning. When we got back to the house, we popped in a Netflix movie and crashed on the couch. Tim was asleep almost immediately, but I finished out the movie before I took a little nap. I had a couple more loads of laundry to do, but that is about all I have done today. I have really enjoyed my day though. Tim is at work now, but I am headed to Mom and Dad's for supper as soon as I finish this post. I think we are having steaks!! YES! I know for a fact that we are watching the Season 2 Premier of River Monsters on Animal Planet -- And I can't wait! I just wish Tim didn't have to work so he could see it too, but he should be able to catch it later this week. I guess this is good night then, and I promise I will do my best to write again tomorrow. I have gotten so lazy about it lately, but I'll have to do better, because Dwain leaves Monday night for a 7 month tour in Afghanistan, and I want him to be able to know what's going on at home. I love that boy so so much! I will be praying every day and night that he comes home safe and sound. I LOVE YOU SAHEEB! You make us so proud!   :^D

No comments:

Post a Comment