Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"I Love A Rainy Night" -- Not Really, But It's A Good Song

Last night after I finished up my post and got ready for bed, I had to find Chuck and get him inside. He was on the porch -- with a mouse -- playing/torturing it mercilessly. I didn't want to wait on him to finish up, because I was ready for bed, so I just grabbed him and let the mouse get away. The look he gave me was SCARY -- Evidently, he would have really liked to finish what he was doing to that poor mouse. It's not very often that I feel sorry for a mouse, but I usually do when Chuck gets ahold of them.

We also had some pretty ridiculous lightning and thunder last night. It woke me up at about 3:00 in the morning, because it was shaking the house! My makeup on the dresser was shaking! Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep last night. I was more than a little tired when I had to get up this morning.

Today was a good day at work. I got a lot done at the front desk this morning, then I had to run to Wal-Mart over lunch and get some paper towels for the office. Sammie met me for lunch at Subway, then we had a staff meeting. We covered a lot of things in the meeting, but the saddest part is that my lovely Jessica has decided that she needs to stay at home and be a Mommy instead of working. I think that she made the right decision, but I sure am going to miss seeing her beautiful face everyday. I will be making a pit stop to Northside Drive on my way home from work on a regular basis. After the staff meeting, I did my usual full schedule of massages. Today, they were all neck and shoulder people, so it was a fairly easy day. This is going to be a short week, so I want to get as many hours in as possible. After work, I had to run up to Mom's to get Dixie, but first I stopped at Grandma and Grandpa's to pay our rent for the month. I always have to sit and visit for a little while, and today was no different. Finally, I was headed to Mom's to get the Super Mutt. She was completely soaked and covered in mud, but she had a great time at Grandma Sara's house. I helped Mom feed the critters, then I was headed back to the house.

Now, I have been sitting on the couch for the last two hours watching the History Channel. Only in America with Larry the Cable Guy and Top Shot are my favorite Tuesday shows. I had a bologna and cheese sandwich for supper, because I didn't feel like cooking anything. Unfortunately, we are going to get slammed by some pretty nasty storms tonight, with possible tornadoes, so I am going to Mom's house for the night. I am totally and completely freaked out by storms, so better safe than sorry I say -- And Tim says! I will be journeying up the hill to Momma's as soon as Top Shot is over. Tomorrow is another busy, busy day, but I am looking forward to it. Good night everyone! Have a good Hump Day!     :^D
Operation Saheeb -- Day #8

No comments:

Post a Comment