Saturday, April 23, 2011

Kentucky Turkey Hunting 2011

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Good Friday -- I know I did. Tim and I slept in this morning for a ridiculously long time. After finally getting up and getting showers, it was time for some lunch. Tim grilled some sausages on the grill, and I made mac and cheese. Not too shabby. After lunch, we went on an adventure north to Bloomfield. Tim broke the D-Loop on his bow a while back, so we took it to Archer's Spot to get it fixed. It was a pretty nice little Friday afternoon trip. Tim gave himself a haircut before heading to work, while I got his supper ready. I watched a movie (Easy A -- Very good, I thought) then decided to be a little productive, so I painted the rest of the porch. I got it done, but now it's raining again -- HARD -- so I might have to touch it up a little bit. It looks really nice though! I'm excited to put the finishing touches on it! I'll post some pictures when it's done. Now, I need to play a little catch up for a couple days last week. Tim was home, so I didn't take the time to post anything. Ok, Here we go.

Wednesday was a super day! The morning schedule was not busy at all, so I got lots of other stuff done. I did a couple things for Mary Sue, then worked on the filing project some. If I keep plugging away at it, and it will eventually get done. Mom was feeling a little down with a cold, so she came in to see Dr. Pete. We went out for lunch at Hardee's and had a nice little visit while we ate our lunch at the park. The damage from the storm Tuesday night was terrible. There were huge trees and limbs down all over the park. I'm just thankful that we only lost a couple little limbs at our house -- Though our Direct TV dish did take a hit. We are only watching movies til they can come and get it fixed, I suppose. My massage schedule was full again Wednesday afternoon, so I was really busy for the rest of the day. Tim stopped in to surprise me on his way home from Kentucky. He had a great time hunting turkeys, and it was really nice to see him. He kinda looked like Grizzly Adams, because he hadn't shaved in about a week, but that's changed now. I love him to have a little scruff on his face -- If only he didn't have to shave for work. By the time I made it home from work though, he was sacked out on the couch. I had a Netflix movie waiting in the mailbox. I made lasagna and Texas Toast for supper, while I watched Burlesque. WHAT A GREAT MOVIE! Not only do I love Cher, but Christina Aguilera was awesome too. I have it ordered already, so that I can watch it whenever I want. After the movie was over, however, I went to bed. I had one more day of work to finish before the week was over.

The Thunder Chicken from Kentucky  

 HUGE SPURS! Nice one, Tim!

 These were delicious!

Tim's friend Travis went with him to Kentucky and got himself a nice bird too

Thursday was CRAZY! I ran around like a chicken with no head all morning. There was filing to do, laundry to fold, the phone never stopped ringing, and we were throwing a surprise office bridal shower for Randi, so I decorated the office. We had a lunch brought in, and we all sat down during our normal staff meeting time to chat. It was a really nice lunch, and I think that she was definitely surprised. I had a full schedule again for the afternoon then it was homeward bound for a long holiday weekend. Tim was grilling marinated turkey breasts from the bird he shot in KY and frying mushrooms for supper. We had Mom and Dad over to share in our DELICIOUS dinner. Tim is an amazing cook. It's so so nice to be able to come home from work and have him make supper, especially if I have been at work for 10 hours or so. Tim and I went to bed after watching a few episodes of Season 2 of Sons of Anarchy -- Remember, there's no Direct TV at our house.

Now, I am watching Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and listening to it storm. I think that the worst has blown over now. Tim and I are going to look for turkeys in the morning when he gets home from work. We still haven't heard anything more from Dwain. I suppose that no news is good news, but I really, really hope that we hear something soon. Well, I have the munchies, then I'm headed to bed as soon as my movie is over. Good night everyone! Love you all! Tomorrow is going to be a good day!   :^)
Operation Saheeb -- Day #11

No comments:

Post a Comment