Sunday, April 17, 2011

Tim's Birthday = Peanut Butter Pie

My plan for today is to be productive. I need to clean my car out and change the turn-signal bulb that is burned out. I need to do some laundry and vacuum. I have lots of sewing that needs done and there are sticks and limbs in the yard that need picked up. There is nothing keeping me from doing these things except my laziness and my wish to have a relaxing Sunday. I'm not sure whether productivity or relaxation will win out -- Wish me luck!

Now, to catch you up on last week, because I slacked off again and haven't posted anything since Monday night -- Ugh. I just haven't taken the time to post anything.

The best thing about Tuesday is that we got an email from Dwain. It was super short and just basically told us where he was at the moment and that he was ok, but it was fantastic to hear from him. The rest of Tuesday went without a hitch. I had a full massage schedule for the day. Tim was not working on Tuesday, so he went fishing with Travis for the day. I don't think they caught much, but fishing is always fun. After work, I had to run to Wal-Mart and get some groceries. I also made some Peanut Butter Chex Mix Cookies for Tim's birthday and a quick supper. We watched Top Shot and then went to bed early. It was a simple, good day.

Wednesday was Tim's 22nd birthday! I had a busy morning at the front desk at work, then another full massage schedule in the afternoon. I did some errand running during my lunch break to get the ingredients to make Tim a Peanut Butter Pie for his birthday. He isn't a big fan of birthday cake, so he got a pie instead. Here is the recipe for Peanut Butter Pie:

PEANUT BUTTER PIE RECIPE
 
8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
1 cup of creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
1 tub of Cool Whip (I don't know the size in ounces, but it's the normal size, not the huge one)
Oreo Pie Crust
 
Beat together cream cheese, peanut butter, and sugar until smooth. Fold in HALF of the tub of Cool Whip. Save the remaining Cool Whip til later. Spoon peanut butter mixture into Oreo Pie Crust. Warm the hot fudge in microwave until it is pourable. Spread over the top of peanut butter mixture in Pie Crust. Finish by adding the remaining Cool Whip to the top of the pie. Chill in the fridge or freeze for later.
 
Beware of "death by deliciousness." This pie is RICH! I also like to make it in aluminum muffin tins or "punch" size clear cups so that you have nice snack size portions. I usually make mine with Fat Free ingredients whenever possible, but I don't think that makes this any healthier. It is too good to be good for you!
 
Thursday was another great day. We didn't have a staff meeting because Dr. Bowling was out of town, so I had an extra hour to work on stuff at the front desk before I started doing massages in the afternoon. I worked quite a lot on the filing cabinet project. I have 7 out of 19 drawers done now, so I'm almost half done with it. I will be really happy when that day comes. It's going to be a huge accomplishment. Jessica was out for the second day -- Her whole family has the flu -- So, I got to eat my lunch with Sammie while we waited on our first patients to come in. Four massages later and I was headed home for the day. The weather was fairly nice out, so I worked in the yard for a couple hours til dark. I hung up a USMC flag for my brother and picked up a load of sticks and limbs out of the yard. It was a great evening.
  
Dwain's Flag

My load of limbs and sticks

Friday at work was a little out of the ordinary. I worked my usual morning from 8:00 to 1:00, but today a student from Washington Catholic High School was job shadowing me. He is a junior and is interested in being a massage therapist. He sat in on the 4 massages I had scheduled, and then we spent about an hour talking about what kinds of classes he would need to take and what I loved most about massage therapy. He had a lot of great questions, and I really think that he learned a lot. I enjoyed sharing the love I have for my career with someone else. Tim and I went for a hike on Friday afternoon to check our trail cameras for evidence of turkeys. I love going for a walk with him. It's so nice to just spend some time with him. Dixie loves our walks too, because she gets to run around like a crazy dog. She even chased a coot across one of the ponds. We made a very delicious dinner then Tim worked on getting all his turkey stuff ready for the weekend. It's opening weekend in Kentucky. It wasn't too long before I fell asleep on the couch.

Saturday, we slept in -- until 11:30! I haven't stayed in bed that long in a long time. The weather was very crappy yesterday, so I didn't really feel like doing much. I watched a little TV and helped Tim finish up his packing. I did the feeding for Mom last night -- She is working Annie this weekend at a Field Trial. Annie has done really, really well! She is about halfway to being a Champion. Dixie had her first electric fence experience last night while I was feeding. She was trying the get to Sela and it got her right on the nose. She thought the Hounds of Hades were after her. She ran in about three circles trying to get away from it, then she saw Mommy. She literally knocked me on my back when she jumped into my arms. There is nothing like a Mommy to make it all better. It was sad and hilarious at the same time. She didn't leave my side the rest of the night. I think she thought it was going to get her again. After that, I made some burgers, and Dad and I had supper. After finally getting home last night, I crashed out.

I had a busy week last week, and I think I may just spend the rest of today relaxing. The work on my list can wait until another day. Sundays are supposed to be a day of rest! I'm going to go grab a snack, then who knows. I hope that we hear from Dwain soon -- It will be nice to know that he is doing good. Next week is a short work week for me. We have Good Friday off, so I have an easy week. Maybe this means that I will get those chores done. Sorry that this post has jumped around so much. It's really hard to go back and try to remember what all I did for the whole week. Maybe next time, I shouldn't wait so long to post something.   :^)
Operation Saheeb -- Day #6
 

No comments:

Post a Comment