Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hurry Home Dwain -- Be Safe

What a "blah" Monday. Not that Mondays are ever great, but the weather yesterday was awful. It rained almost the entire day yesterday. The storm woke me up at 6:00 and it was still raining when I got to work at 1:00. I had planned on doing some mushroom hunting before work, but that plan flopped. My schedule at work was fantastic -- I had 5 massages! This whole week looks awesome as far as my massage schedule is concerned. I am really going to have to take care of myself though, or I will overdue it. I got an adjustment yesterday before I went home for the night, and I finally got Randi to come in and give me a massage today. I am waiting on her to get here now. After work, I took my tip money from the day and bought pizzas from Papa John's for supper -- I LOVE cheesy bread! Hooray for not cooking! Tim and I went for a drive to look for turkeys, and to check out one of our old fishing holes -- The Island. It has changed hands recently, and they have done quite a bit of work on it, but I think it's going to be better. We just need to go talk to the new owners and get permission to fish, and maybe even hunt. We headed home at dark and had our pizza. We had Mom over for dinner too, since Dad was out of town for the night. I went to bed early and got some much needed sleep. The only problem with eating pizza, which I dearly love, is that it makes me have WEIRD dreams -- every time! Last night, I dreamed that I was fighting zombies. Makes no sense to me.

Dwain started his big adventure last night. His plane left at about 4:00 am, headed to Afghanistan. He will be gone until about Thanksgiving. Hopefully, we will be able to talk to him often, but he will be home again before we know it. I try not to think about it too much, and I have an "ignorance is bliss" policy about the whole thing. I don't want to know the nasty details. I have my friends and family to get me through it. I am truly blessed with a great support system. I love them all. I will be keeping a count of how many days he has been away from home. I will also keep everyone posted anytime we hear from him. I will be praying every day for his safe return. I love you Dwain. Hurry home to us!

Today has been a good day. I had cold pizza for breakfast -- YUM! I have gotten lots done in the office this morning, and I have a full schedule after lunch. I need to make a trip to Wal-Mart after work, so that won't be fun, but the rest of the day should be great too. Maybe I'll even go for a run when I get home. We will see. I'll get back with you on that one next time. Everyone have a great Tuesday!   :^)  
Operation Saheeb -- Day #1

No comments:

Post a Comment