Tuesday, June 14, 2011

18 and a Half Pounds of Soap!

What a crazy day. Tuesdays are usually very good days, but today was just awesome. I didn't actually get much work done at the office this morning (Sorry Dr. Bowling) because the phone rang every 30 seconds and three different people walked in wanting to be seen by the doctors. The only problem is that I'm the only person at the office on Tuesday mornings -- So they had to come back later. I also got four more Care Packages ready to take to the Post Office for Dwain. Getting those Care Packages ready is like playing Tetris. You kind of cram whatever fits in each box the best so that they are packed tightly to keep them from moving around during the journey to Afghanistan. Today, one whole box was filled with nothing but hotel soap bars that someone donated. That was the easiest customs form I have ever filled out. What is in your shipment? 18 and a half pounds of soap! Haha, now that's pretty dang funny.

Typically, I only do four massages on Tuesdays, but we didn't have a staff meeting today so I was able to get someone off the waiting list and in the books. Sammie also came back to work this afternoon and I was so glad to see her face. I'm glad that she had a great time this past weekend, but I really missed that girl. We made a much-needed trip to Mi Pueblo after work today for some Mexican food and adult beverages -- DELICIOUS! I sure do love our dinner dates. There is nothing, and I mean nothing, better than spending time with good friends. I am so very blessed to have my girls in my life. Sometimes you just need to go make yourself sick eating too much Mexican and have a good time complaining about the sucky things in life.

After finishing up at Mi Pueblo, I took Tim my leftovers for his supper -- He was very grateful, and hungry -- then I headed to the Jay-C Store to get some groceries for the house. I didn't have to get much, but we needed milk and bread and a few other things. I wound up getting WAY more than I had originally planned, but they had a LOT of stuff on sale, so I stocked up a bit. Nothing too over the top, but we won't have to buy cokes anytime soon.

Now, I've got the groceries put away and I'm just about ready to call it a night. I want to finish this post then read the rest of my book. I've only got 3% left according to my Kindle, and I really, really want to get it finished. It's so good! The book is called Dragonfly in Amber. It's the second book in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon that I started reading earlier this year. I got out of the habit of reading earlier this Spring, but I picked it back up a few days ago -- And I'm totally hooked again! I have missed reading. It's such a great way to unwind, and that is something that I really need to work on. My mind just won't shut off most of the time, so it's really nice to lose myself in someone else's story. And Dragonfly in Amber is one heck of a story. One of my favorite books of all time! I can't wait to start Voyager, which is the third book in the series. I would highly recommend it to anyone who loves a good love story.

Before I call it a night, I told you all that I would upload pictures of the kittens. I have a couple other pictures thrown in there too. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy taking them. Those kittens are way too cute to handle. They are just now figuring out how to play, and I could spend HOURS watching them.

Mommy Kitty -- Her name is Skink, because she has a nubby tail just like one of those blue tailed lizards

Peeking around the scale to see what that crazy girl with the camera is doing  

I'm gonna get it! 

Nubby-Tailed Mommy and little Tabby baby -- Well, baby feet lol 

The Tabby kitten doesn't have a name because she is going to a different owner when she gets older, but I call her "No Name" -- Because it's so original lol 

Is that not the cutest thing ever??

Little "No Name" finally looked at the camera 

This is Rufus -- He's the most shy of the three, so I had to put a sneak on him to get a picture. Crawling across the dirty barn floor was not my finest moment, but it's not like it was the first time -- Probably won't be the last either. 

The three heathens -- Only picture I could get with all three of them 

Rufus and Marley -- Marley has a tail, but Rufus doesn't 

My little lap kitty

Well, that's all of the kitten pictures. I couldn't decide which ones to upload, so I uploaded them all. It was too difficult to choose. Here are the other random pictures that I had taken over the last week or so.

Tim and Buck went fishing last week -- Buck must have missed the memo to hang on while Tim was driving, so he went for a little dip in the river 

The tiniest Praying Mantis we had ever seen -- It was so small the camera couldn't even focus on it to take a good picture 

 Maggy -- World's Laziest Dog

She was given to us because she "wasn't good with people" -- What a bunch of malarkey! 

The goat kids from this Spring -- I had to get them in there too

I think I am ready for bed now. Well, actually, I am going to go read for a little while then go to sleep. I have a busy day tomorrow. I hope to hear from Dwain tomorrow. It has been a couple days since I last talked to him, but I know that he is staying busy and that's good. We have shipped out a grand total of 39 Care Packages to him, so he should be getting some more of those soon. Time is flying by -- It's been TWO MONTHS! -- And the busier I am, the faster it goes. That's completely okay with me! I can't wait to have him home for good! I hope you all have a good night! Have a good Hump Day, which is Wednesday for those of you with your mind in the gutter.    :^D
Operation Saheeb -- Two Months, Three Days

No comments:

Post a Comment