Sunday, June 5, 2011

Class of 2006 -- Reunited!

What a busy Saturday! I started out the morning by getting my hair cut by Miss Holly at Hair by Holly. She did a fantastic job, as usual, and I enjoy talking to her just as much as getting my hair trimmed. She is super busy planning her wedding right now so we have lots to talk about. After getting my hair trimmed, I made a trip to Subway for some lunch -- Subway Melts are the BEST! Sammie and I had originally planned on getting our toes done, but it didn't work out. So instead, I went to Wal-Mart to pick up some groceries, then headed home. I was going to water my flowers when I got home, but it was way too hot outside. I don't think my poor tomato plant is going to make it. The hail really hurt it a lot, and even though I have been watering it every day, it still looks like it's dying. I think I might have a black thumb instead of a green one.

After getting cleaned up (and prettied up) and getting Tim headed to work, I went to Bogg's for my five year high school reunion. It was great to see everyone again, even if it was REALLY hot outside. We grilled burgers and hotdogs and had a big variety of desserts. We had way too much food, but it was all really good. I got to see some people who I haven't seen in a couple years. We just sat around and talked about what we were all up to and reminisced about the old times. There were some good ones. Everyone is pretty much the same, just a couple changes here and there. I stayed until about 10:00 or so, but everyone had just about all gone home by then. I'm already looking forward to our next get together.

Dixie wasn't very happy with me when I got home, but she is sleeping on her bed now. I am watching Gran Torino -- By far, Clint Eastwood's best movie. He is just such a bad ass! It's probably my favorite movie of his. I don't know if I will do much else tonight besides finish my movie. I'm hoping to have a lazy-ish day tomorrow, but I need to mow and do laundry, so I will probably be a little busy. Hopefully, it won't be 100 freaking degrees outside. I won't hold my breath though. Mom and Dad spent the evening at a tractor pull in Salem -- Mom said that her dog Annie even got her picture taken while she was sitting on Mom's lap watching the tractors go by. She is a goofy dog! I will try to post it when the photographer gets the picture uploaded to his website. We didn't hear from Dwain today, but maybe we will get something tomorrow. I would say that he has been pretty busy. I think I'm going to wrap up this post for the night. My couch and I have a date with Clint Eastwood for the rest of the night.   :^)
Operation Saheeb -- One Month, Three Weeks, Three Days

No comments:

Post a Comment