Monday, June 13, 2011

I'm Too Old to be Doing Stuff Like That

Well, once again, I have gotten behind on blogging. Honestly, I don't mean to; I am just really busy. Tim was also home with a chest cold both the days he was supposed to work last week. I don't usually post when he is home because it takes too long to compose a post, and he gets frustrated when I don't pay attention to him. So, I am going to try to go over everything that happened last week and this weekend, but it's been a BUSY one, so I may miss a few things -- I'm sorry.

My last post was LATE Monday night. Tuesday was a pretty routine day at the office. My morning was filled with paperwork and other office-y things. We didn't have a staff meeting after lunch, but my massage schedule was full so I had a busy afternoon. I have never been more thankful for my inside, air-conditioned job than I was on Tuesday. Not only was it one of the hottest days of the year, but Mom and Dad put up hay Tuesday afternoon. They were even square bales. But wouldn't you know it, I wasn't able to help out with that nasty job. Have I mentioned that I love my job? By the time I made it home Tuesday night, they were just about done doing hay, so Tim and I ran into town to pick them up some Gatorade. We also got Subway for supper while we were in town. After watching a little TV though, we headed to bed for the night. Wednesday was going to be a busy day.

My Wednesday morning was spent working at the front desk at the office. I actually got quite a lot done before I headed to lunch. My massage schedule for the afternoon fell apart. I started out with 5 massages, but two of them cancelled on me. I can't complain really; it was kinda nice to have an easy day. It turned out that one of my cancellations was the last massage of the day, so I got to leave a little bit early. I wasn't headed home though. Wednesday nights are volleyball nights -- And this Wednesday was the "Old Lady Scrimmage." We got some "retired" players together to play against the high school girls. Oh my gosh, it was so much fun! I still felt really out of shape, but we all played really well. It was a really fun evening. I got to see some old friends and made a couple new ones. Tim called in sick to work Wednesday night (and Thursday) because he has been battling a pretty serious chest cold and hasn't been able to sleep much. We went up to Mom and Dad's for a little while, but didn't do much else the rest of the night. I wrote a Letter to the Editor last week, and it was in Wednesday night's Washington Times-Herald. We don't take the paper, but I had Mom save me a copy. I just had to share with everyone how much it means to me that so many people are bringing us items for Care Packages, and I figured that writing a letter to the paper was the best way. I obviously like writing, so why not?

Thursday was another typical day at the office with one exception -- Dr. Pete is now seeing patients on Thursday mornings all summer. That means that I'm not the only person in the office on Thursday mornings, but I still had plenty of time to work on my projects. I took two more Care Packages to the Post Office on my lunch break, then we had a staff meeting before I started the afternoon. My massage schedule was booked up again on Thursday afternoon. Tim was supposed to work on Thursday, but he was still feeling sick so he stayed home. We went up to Mom and Dad's so that he could make some rod holders for his boat. It took him most of the night, but he got em done. I puttered around on the 4020 John Deere with Mom while Dad and Tim worked. It's so much fun to ride on the fender -- It brings back memories of my childhood. Tim and I finally made it back to the house, but it was really late. We made a quick dinner, then I hit the hay. I'm still having lots of dreams, which is annoying because I don't feel rested when I wake up in the morning. Not good for my sanity at all. I need sleep to function, that's for sure.

Friday was a little different for me than usual. I still did massages in the morning, but I didn't get to go home early like I normally do. Samantha usually runs the front desk in the afternoons, but she went to Bonnaroo (modern-day Woodstock) for the weekend so I covered her shift Friday afternoon. I enjoyed it because I got to visit with some of our patients, and I wound up leaving at about 5:00 or so, which wasn't too bad. When I made it home, Tim and I got all our stuff packed up for a weekend at his parents' house. It took us a little while, but we finally made it down there. Tim spent the night fishing with Pat and Jon, but I stayed home to watch a movie with Tim's brother Josh and his mom Kim. I'm kinda glad that Tim didn't want me out on the Ohio River for the maiden voyage of the new boat because a big storm blew up out of nowhere. I'm not a big fan of storms, so I was glad to be at the house. They were trying to beat the storm back to the boat ramp though, and they hit a log floating in the water. It broke a pin in the motor, so they had to rely on the trolling motor to get back to the truck (they were trying to make it upriver, but were only able to go 1.68 mph). They wound up having to ride out the storm on the side of the river. Needless to say, Tim was a little wet when he made it back to the house. Thank goodness it will be a quick, inexpensive fix to get the boat running again. Friday was a great day, but it was just the start of a busy weekend.

I did a couple hours of massage at a bridal shower in Washington on Saturday morning. It was a lot of fun and a great way to make some extra money in just a couple hours. I had to take Tim's truck for the trip, which is a manual. I have only ever driven it back and forth to Mom and Dad's house, so driving it all the way to Washington and back was quite an adventure. I managed to make it the whole way without killing it (taking off is the only thing I still have problems with), but I did have one minor incident at a stop light on 57. I had to stop by the office to pick up my massage table before heading to the shower, but as I was turning off 57 onto Main Street, I got stopped by a red light. I rolled backward a little bit, panicked because I thought I was going to hit the truck behind me, and squalled the tires on the wet pavement. How embarrassing! Other than that, I had a very successful trip and padded my bank account just a little bit. I headed back to Selvin for a few hours after leaving the shower, but we didn't get to stay long. Tim and I made a trip back to Washington Saturday evening for Randi's wedding reception. We had a lot of fun there with good friends (and the open bar). We stayed until about 11:30 or so, then headed to Tennyson to Double D's Tavern for some karaoke with Tim's Uncle Randy. Good music and good friends; now that's the recipe for a great time! We stayed until closing time (about 3:00 -- slow time, that is) then decided that we needed a little Denny's to finish up the night. There is nothing like a French Toast Slam at 4:00 in the morning. It brings back memories from my younger years. I tell you what though, I am too old to be doing stuff like that. It was starting to get daylight outside when we finally made it home, and that's just nuts. Ain't no way I'm doing that again anytime soon.

Tim and I slept until about 10:30 Sunday morning, but we had to get up and go to a family reunion. Thankfully, the Marshall Family Reunion is held at Yellowbanks, which is about five miles from Tim's parents' house. We took Dixie with us for her first outing with lots of people, and she did awesome. She is such a good little girl! We only stayed for a little while though, then headed back to the house. I fell asleep almost immediately on the couch, but Tim worked on his boat. He got a lot done on the boat, and I got in one heck of a nap. We ate supper with Tim's parents, then headed for home. We made a couple detours on the way home, but we eventually made it. It felt so good to be back in our own house. Chuck was BEYOND excited to see us! Poor guy must go crazy without anyone in the house to keep him company. It didn't take us long to get unpacked and into bed -- It was the perfect ending to a great weekend!

It was back to work again today though. Thankfully, I didn't have to go into the office until 1:00, so I got to sleep in and take it easy this morning. I got quite a bit of reading done before heading to work, and I got to relax in the hammock on the porch -- I'm just about finished with my book and it is so hard to put down. Work was also great today -- I had a full massage schedule. After doing my five massages and closing up the books for the day, I headed to Wendy's to get some supper for Tim. I'm sure that he wasn't ready to go back to work after having a week off, but that place would fall apart if he wasn't there to keep it running smoothly. I had volleyball open gym tonight, which was fun as usual. I love it that I am able to get involved in the game again. Now, I have been at Mom's this evening doing laundry. That's a never-ending job. I also got some great pictures of her kittens (they don't have tails!), but I will have to upload them tomorrow night. I am ready to hit the hay tonight. It's late and I have GOT to get my sleep this week. I'll burn myself out without it. I'm sorry again that it has taken me so long to write anything. I'll do my best to do better. I hope you all have a good Tuesday! Good night!   :^)
Operation Saheeb -- Two Months, Two Days

No comments:

Post a Comment