Thursday, June 16, 2011

Queen of the Court

I didn't get to post anything last night (not enough hours in my day), but I thought I would get a quick post in today on my lunch break. I really should be running to Wal-Mart to pick up a couple things, but blogging is much more fun.

Yesterday was another busy day at the office. Our morning schedule was pretty booked up with patients to see Dr. Pete, so I spent a lot of the morning checking patients in and out and chatting with them. I really miss getting to spend time interacting with our patients. Now that my massage schedule is so full, I have less time to spend at the front desk in the afternoons when we are busiest, so I don't get to visit with as many people. Those of you who know me know that I love to talk. Maybe I should have gone to school for something related to that -- Nah, who am I kidding; I couldn't have picked a better career! I still managed to get quite a lot done yesterday morning while I was working. We are going to have a booth at the Daviess County Fair next week, so I spent some time getting things organized for that. I also washed part of the laundry we have to do at the office -- We use a LOT of massage sheets and gowns. Laundry is one of those never-ending jobs that you can never seem to get ahead on.

Before I knew it, it was time for lunch. I didn't bring anything from home, so I went to Wendy's for lunch then went to the park to read my book. I finished Dragonfly in Amber Tuesday night so I'm reading Voyager, which is the third book in the Outlander series. I just can't tell you enough how much I am in love with this series. It will get you hook, line, and sinker, and you won't want to put it down. I spent my entire lunch break reading, but before too long it was time to head back to the office. I had a full afternoon of massages ahead of me, which was great, but doing five massages three days in a row will wear you out. Randi is still gone, and let me tell you what, I am B.U.S.Y! It's awesome for my paycheck though -- And man, do I love getting paid. I have nine more hours of massage to do this week, which will make it my busiest week ever for massages. I guess you could call that job security.

After work on Wednesdays, I hurry to North Daviess to help coach at the volleyball open gym. I love it so much and have a blast! I love coaching and I get to spend a lot of the time playing, which is even better. I have missed volleyball more than you can imagine. It was a huge part of my life for nine years, and quitting cold turkey was really hard. I am so thankful to be able to be a part of the game again. I hope that what I have learned over the years will help the younger girls become stronger players. We worked on hitting quite a bit last night, then worked in some scrimmage time and Queen of the Court (three on three). Queen of the Court is one of my favorite volleyball things. The three "old ladies" that are helping to coach (Becca, Audra, and I) were on the same team, and we weren't too shabby! We don't always move like we used to, but it's still fun. I even stayed after open gym for a little while to work with a couple of the girls one on one.

Once I made it home and got a quick shower (I was a little sweaty), Tim and I made a quick trip to Mom and Dad's. We didn't stay long, but it's always nice to visit with them. I seriously have the world's best parents! Tim and I made a quick dinner, which was delicious, then watched a little TV before heading to bed. It was a very good day! I love having Tim home for the evenings. It makes my day when he is off work.

I had a pretty crazy morning here at the office, but I survived. There was a constant flow of patients, and the phone never stopped ringing. I am looking forward to the afternoon. I have only got three and a half massages, which isn't a full schedule, but with the week (well, month, really) I've had, it will be nice to have a little slower day. I don't want to burn myself out. I am really looking forward to the weekend -- And Monday is my BIRTHDAY!!! I can't wait! Sammie said she is making me a Strawberry Cheesecake and that makes me start to drool. I LOVE that girl!!! Anyway, I'm going to sign off for now. I need to go eat my lunch, and I think I might read a little bit. I really wanted to get some more Care Packages sent off today, but I ran out of time. I will be sending a BUNCH of them tomorrow! Tomorrow is also Dwain's 22nd Birthday. If anyone would like to send him a "Happy Birthday" email, they can send it to jolliff55@gmail.com. I know he would love hearing from you all! Think about how bad it must be to spend your birthday in Afghanistan. Not cool, huh? Alright, until next time then. I hope you all have a great day!   :^)
Operation Saheeb -- Two Months, Five Days

No comments:

Post a Comment