Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Why Do Bugs Like to Eat Me?

Well, what do ya know? I'm behind on blogging again -- Ugh, why do I have to be so dang busy all the time. My last post was Thursday, so let's try to get caught up a little bit, shall we?

Thursday night was pretty uneventful. I got home from work and helped Tim get his boat ready to go out on the river with Scott. They spent the entire night out there, but they did catch a couple nice fish, so it was a good night. I cooked myself a pizza, then spent the evening absorbed in my book. It was a good night!

Friday was a sad day. My dear friend Samantha lost her grandmother on Friday. She had been fighting a battle against Alzheimer's for quite some time, and it's never an easy thing to say goodbye to someone you love so very much. My thoughts and prayers have been with Sammie and her family this past weekend. I love Sammie with all my heart and it makes me sad to watch someone I care so much about go through such a loss. There is nothing in the world like a grandma -- It makes me infinitely thankful that I still have both of my own grandmothers. I love them both so much!

Friday at the office was a good day. I had five massages in the morning, but they didn't start until 9:00 so I got to sleep in an hour. Sleeping in is the perfect way to start a day -- especially a Friday! One of my massages got her time mixed up, but it all worked out in the end. I was able to work on Mary Sue for a little while in the open hour slot. It's always a good thing when we can work on each other at the office. It keeps us sane. After work, I headed home to spend a little time with Tim before he had to go to work. I always try to take advantage of any time that we get to spend together.

After Tim went to work for the evening, I headed back to the office. We had a lot of people who brought in items to send to Dwain and his unit last week, but I didn't have time to get them all ready to ship. I wound up spending the entire evening packaging and printing labels, but I was able to get a dozen more Care Packages ready to ship out the next day. Dixie came with me to the office. She had to explore everything and check out all the new smells, but then she stood guard over the door and barked at everyone who walked by. Heaven help anyone who had tried to come in and get me. Friday was also Dwain's birthday, so I made up a special "Birthday" Care Package just for him. I had a blast buying bouncy balls and other fun kid stuff to send him. I wanted to send him things that would entertain bored Marines -- I think that I did pretty good. I think that all those Care Packages will go over really well once he finally gets them. I am still just blown away by how great our community is. Once I finally made it home, I crashed! It was a long day!

Shopping for Dwain's Birthday in the Kid's Aisle  

Dixie and the Care Packages I got ready on Friday night -- She's such a good girl!

Saturday morning, Tim and I watched Unstoppable, which was a pretty good movie. I took Dwain's Care Packages to the Post Office -- We are up to 51 total now!!! Isn't that AWESOME! I sure think so. Mom and I had a Mother-Daughter day on Saturday. We went to Classy Nails in Vincennes for manicures and pedicures. You just gotta love spending time with Momma! There is nothing better! We made a trip to Wal-Mart before heading home, and I picked up Subway for Tim's dinner while I was there. I spent the rest of the evening reading on my Kindle -- Tim, thank you again for my Kindle; I LOVE it! -- My book is almost too good to put down. I didn't want to go to bed because I would have had to stop reading. But my body was telling me that I really needed sleep, so I listened to it and went to bed like a good girl.

Sunday was another lazy day. I gave Tim his Father's Day gift when he got home from work that morning -- It was from Dixie and Chuck; not a hint that he is going to be a Daddy anytime soon -- Don't panic! They got him Season One and Two of River Monsters, which was a home run as far as I could tell. They must know their Daddy pretty well. About the only other thing that I did besides read and be lazy was do some laundry. I just couldn't get motivated to do anything productive. I had one heck of a busy week though, so I think that I deserved a lazy day. Tim was working again Sunday night, so I went up to Mom and Dad's to celebrate Father's Day. I love my Daddy! He is the best! Without him, I wouldn't have turned out to be the way I am. He and Mom taught me how to be a good person, and I will be forever grateful that they taught me those valuable lessons. They made several sacrifices to be able to raise Dwain and me the way they did. I love you, Mom and Dad, with all my heart. Sunday night, I took Dad his Father's Day cards (one from me; one from Dwain) and we watched True Grit, which was Dad's gift for Father's Day. It was a great evening!

Monday was my BIRTHDAY -- And it was a FABULOUS day! I only worked from 1:00 to 6:00, so I had a lazy-ish morning laying around the house with Tim. I volunteered to help get the Bowling Chiropractic booth set up at the Daviess County Fair Monday morning, but that only took about a half hour. I got ready to go to work, but work on Monday was great too! I had a full schedule of massages, and I got lots of "Happy Birthday" wishes. My phone never stopped buzzing at me to let me know that someone had written on my Facebook wall. I love my friends and family -- What would we do without our loved ones? My fantastic co-workers got me a really nice card, and one of my regular massage clients even got me a birthday card and a really pretty bracelet for my birthday. Thanks Jennifer! After work, I headed home so that Tim could take me fishing for my birthday. Does that man know me or what? I had so much fun! The Bluegill were biting like crazy, which is great for me because I have ADD when it comes to fishing. If they ain't biting, I'll be bored to tears. But that wasn't the case Monday! Tim and I usually keep track of who catches the most fish -- It's a game of ours -- But he didn't stand a chance of catching up with me. I bet I caught at least thirty fish in just an hour or so. Like I said, it was the best birthday! After we got home, Tim grilled T-Bone Steaks for dinner, while I made Mom's Potatoes (which are cubed potatoes, olive oil, and onion soup mix that is baked in a pan in the oven -- Yummy). It was delicious and the perfect ending to the perfect birthday!

It's a little blurry, but here is my Birthday Dinner -- Tim is the BEST cook!
Yesterday (Hooray! -- We are on Tuesday now) was an exceptionally great day. The only dark spot on my day was that I woke up with about a dozen chigger bites from the fishing trip the night before. They are evil, disgusting little things. I don't know why bugs like me so stinking much, but I really wish that I tasted worse to them or something. It's really annoying that Tim and I were fishing side by side and I got bit and he didn't. So not fair! They itch SO bad! I put some medicine on them though (and clear fingernail polish to suffocate the little demons) so I felt much better before too long. I had to be at work by 8:00, but my morning went really well. I was able to get a lot of work done, and I even had time to run several errands on my lunch break. I had planned on going to the park after getting my errands done to do a little reading, but it was entirely too hot and muggy to sit in my car, so I went back to the office and gave Mary Sue a massage. I might as well make some money if I can, right? The rest of my afternoon was filled up too, so I had a busy day, but it went very quickly and before I knew it I was headed home. 

Birthday card from one of my regulars -- His little butt moves! How cute is that?!

Tim and I decided to catch a movie last night, but we didn't leave the house in time to make it to the 7:30 show (we were coming into town at 7:35, and that's just cutting it too close), so we decided to get something to eat and kill some time then just watch the late showing at 10:30. First, we went to Rural King to get a bait fish tank so that our bait doesn't die before we use it to catch a big ol' catfish. We could have probably spent more time at Rural King, but that usually means that we spend more money, so we left. After Rural King, we went all the way across town to Wal-Mart so that we could get more bait tank supplies (water filter, which we forgot, and an aerator, etc). We had to have an employee come unlock the air supply tubing in the fish section so that we could get it off the shelf. I guess it is used to make meth, so they lock it to keep people from stealing it. That was inconvenient, because I had to pay for it separately and that's a total waste of my time. Do I really look like I cook meth? Really? Anyway, once we finally made it out of Wal-Mart, we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. I really like B-Dub's, and we even had a gift card left over from Christmas, so our entire meal actually cost us $3.54. Not that I'm a cheap date, but -- I'm a cheap date. I love saving money! I was really upset on Monday when I got my first edition of the Evansville Courier Sunday Edition (I took out a subscription last week). I ordered it so that I could clip the coupons out of it, but there weren't any dang coupons in it! Not cool Evansville Courier, not cool. I better get coupons next week, or I'm gonna be calling someone to speak my mind. Ok, well, I went off on a tangent there -- Let's get back to last night. Where did I leave off? Oh yeah, B-Dubs. Dinner was delicious (and dirt cheap), and we were ready to watch our movie. The Hangover: Part II was not quite as good as the original, but it was still one heck of a good movie. We were cracking up the entire time. I would recommend it to anyone wanting a good laugh. The movie ended, and we were headed home. I don't even remember getting out of Vincennes before I fell asleep. We made a detour up to Mom and Dad's to pick up our four-legged daughter (Dixie) then hit the hay. I'm getting too old to stay up all night like that.

I was pretty upset with my alarm clock this morning. Five hours is just not enough sleep for me to function properly, so I was dragging butt for most of the day today. The morning schedule was really busy. There were patients coming in and out in a very steady stream. I like being busy at the front desk though, because it makes time fly by. I couldn't believe how quickly my lunch break came around. I took my lunch to the park to eat (and I read on my book a bit). It was a little warm, but not too bad in the shade with a breeze blowing. I took a quick power nap as well, and felt good as new for the afternoon. My chigger bites are still really itchy and swollen, but I'm hoping that they are better by tomorrow. My massage schedule this afternoon fell apart on me, but honestly, it was kinda nice to have a slow day. It gave me more time to enjoy the DELICIOUS Strawberry Cheesecake that Samantha made me for my birthday. What a great friend -- And her cooking skills aren't too shabby either. The afternoon passed pretty quickly. I was really looking forward to volleyball open gym tonight because I skipped it on Monday -- My birthday, remember? We worked on hitting quite a lot. I broke down the footwork for the girls to work on. It is better to work on the basics, I think. Most of the girls are younger -- We can't get the older girls to give up a couple hours of their summer vacation to play volleyball. Oh well, their loss. I had a lot of fun, once again, but I was really glad to get home and take a nice, hot shower. I have been watching the History Channel and blogging ever since. I made a quick supper, which means that my belly is full and I'm just about ready for bed. I am glad that the weekend is just a couple days away. I have had one heck of a busy week, and it's only Wednesday! Thank goodness, Randi is coming back to work tomorrow so I won't have to do ALL the massages anymore. I like what it does for my paycheck, but I have been running on "Empty" for a while now. I'll be ready for it to slow down a little bit. We haven't heard from Dwain in several days, but I'm sure that he is very busy and my philosophy is "No news is good news." I wouldn't mind an email though. I just like to stay up to date on how he is doing. I can't tell you how much I miss that boy! I am BEYOND ready to have him home again! Alright, I think it's time for bed now. I have a busy day again tomorrow, and I have already stayed up later than I wanted to. Blogging is just so darn addictive. Have a good Thursday everyone! Good night!   :^)
Operation Saheeb -- Two Months, One Week, Four Days

Delicious! -- Thank you, beautiful Sammie, for the birthday Cheesecake!

No comments:

Post a Comment