Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Caffeine Kind of Day

I had the hardest time getting the videos from Monday night to upload -- It was very frustrating, but I love having videos to share, so I will keep taking them. Pictures are much easier, but videos are more fun!

Tuesday involved a lot of fishing. Tim and I made a trip to Grandma Teddi's house at about 4:00 or so to catch some Bluegill. We needed to have some bait for our catfishing adventure that night. I love catching Bluegill. They usually bite like crazy, which is so much fun. It was really hot out there at the pond on Tuesday, but Tim and I worked on our tans a little bit. I'm actually starting to get a little color now after all the time I spent outside this weekend, but the sun makes my freckles come out -- Not cool! They were cute when I was twelve, but now they just make my complexion look blotchy. Oh the joys of being fair skinned!

The first bass of the year! Not a very big one, but it was a heck of a catch while fishing for Bluegill

Anyway, after we caught about twenty or so Bluegill, we headed back home to get the boat ready for some late night catfishing (well, not too late because I had to be at work at 8:00 this morning). We grabbed a quick bite to eat and dropped Dixie off at Mom's, which put us at the river at about 9:00 or so. That's just about perfect timing to get out on the river and get set up right before dark. When the sun goes down is when the fish start biting. Unfortunately, the fish weren't biting much. We had a really good spot where we were set up, but we didn't get more than a couple bites all night. It's a good thing that I love the act of fishing almost as much as catching fish. Tim and I had a great evening out on the water. We saw a beaver (or two) -- A tree frog hitched a ride on one of our poles (scared the daylights out of me when he jumped up there) -- And Tim had a full conversation with an owl (quite entertaining to hear them hooting back and forth). We stayed as long as we could, but didn't have any luck. After a few minor difficulties (the water level is really low, which makes getting the boat on the trailer a little tricky), we headed to Mom's to pick up our four-legged daughter. Because I can't stand crawling into bed dirty, I made a quick trip through the shower to wash the sweat and grime off. By the time I was able to finally close my eyes and fall asleep, it was considerably later than I had planned. My only thought? "Tomorrow is going to be a long day."

You can't see it very well, but that's a beaver on the river bank

Our little froggie friend -- He likes catfishing too! 

Again with the frog -- I was totally fascinated 

Finally! I got a decent picture with Tim -- I'm not the most photogenic person out there. This took us about ten tries because the flash was making my eyes do some stupid things. 

The moon behind our poles -- Very pretty!

Actually, today wasn't too bad at all. It was the first day back after a little Fourth of July vacation, so we were EXTREMELY busy. I felt like we were busy from 8:30 to 12:00 and from 1:00 to 6:00. I covered the front desk this morning, but besides checking patients in and out, I didn't get much done. The phone rang off the hook, and we had several people walk in. It was pandemonium! That was nothing compared to this afternoon though. Sammie had her hands full trying to stay ahead this afternoon. Thankfully, my massage schedule was booked up, so all I had to do was make the five people I saw happy. I always try to help out as much as I can if I have a little time between appointments, but Sammie does a great job handling a busy schedule like that. Although, today was definitely a caffeine day. Sometimes, you just need a little boost to get you through a crazy day. Before I knew it, it was time to call it a day. I can't believe how fast the day went. It is SO good to be busy. I made a quick trip to Wal-Mart after work, then picked up Wendy's for Tim's supper. I did a couple odd jobs when I got home, but now my main focus is laundry. I still can't tell you how incredibly convenient it is to be able to do laundry at my own house. I get so much more done this way. I am going to try to get a couple more loads of laundry, but the need for sleep might win that battle. As late as we were out last night, I think I should probably call it an early night tonight. It's business as usual tomorrow. Have a good night everyone! Thank you all for reading! I hope that you enjoy the blog as much as I do!  :^)
Operation Saheeb -- Two Months, Three Weeks, Four Days

No comments:

Post a Comment