Saturday, July 2, 2011

Die Weeds, Die!

You know that wonderful, contented feeling you get after you have been working hard all day -- When you are enjoying the fact that you accomplished so many things. I am loving that feeling right now. I worked my tail end off today, and it feels so great! Hooray for making my to-do list shorter!

I woke up when Tim got home from work this morning, but I didn't stay awake for long. Tim woke me up at about 10:00 or so with sausage and eggs for breakfast. Holy moly, they were good. He sure can cook. How in the world did I ever get so lucky? Tim laid down then to get some sleep, and I dozed off again for a little bit. When I woke up again, I did a little reading before heading outside to work in the yard. I watered my flowers and pulled some weeds. I had planned on mowing the yard, but it was really hot and the thought of spending four or more hours push mowing the yard was pretty daunting. I had decided to wait until tomorrow to mow, but Grandma Ruth called me to see if I wanted to use her riding mower. Grandma and I double-teamed the yard and got it all mowed in about an hour and a half. It sure makes a difference to have a 48 inch cutting deck compared to the 22 inch deck on my push mower.

After we got the yard mowed, I had to get back to the house to get Tim headed to work. I made him a "Dagwood" to take with him, which is what my Dad has always called it when you make a HUGE sandwich. After Tim left for work (he drove Waldo, my car), Dixie and I took his truck up to Mom and Dad's to borrow their weed-eater and sprayer. I got everything trimmed up nice and neat and almost everything sprayed (Die Weeds, Die!) before I ran out of daylight. I will have to put the finishing touches on it tomorrow. Our yard is looking really nice now. I still have some work to do, but I made a lot of progress today. I want to work on getting my flower beds done tomorrow. I need to move a bunch of mulch next week, and I have a tree that needs a couple limbs taken off. Lots to keep me busy on my days off.

Dixie worked hard today too

Now, I have taken a shower and gotten all the grass out of my hair (I think). I am very comfortable on our couch with Dixie and Chuck. I am watching the History Channel, but I think I will head to bed soon. It's been a good day. I'm hoping that I get to talk to Dwain tomorrow -- He said something about calling me. I would love to hear that voice! Alright, time for bed now. I uploaded a couple videos for you. Hope you like them. Everyone, have a great Sunday!   :^)
Operation Saheeb -- Two Months, Three Weeks

Chuck was chasing his tail this morning -- Too funny! It's really hard to see because the kitchen was dark, but it was too good not to share.

The quality on this one is terrible, but I decided to upload it anyway.


This is the first section of a video I took last week of Sela, Annie, and Dixie playing in the yard. It was too big to upload the whole thing, so I cut it in three parts.

Second section of Sela, Annie, and Dixie's video -- Annie loves to fetch!

Last section of Sela, Annie, and Dixie's video -- Motley snuck in there too

No comments:

Post a Comment