Sunday, July 3, 2011

If You Said "Fred" and "Storming"

Have I ever mentioned that I really love Sundays? Today has been a really good day. I woke up when Tim got home this morning -- Dixie was doing her "Daddy's home" bark right in my face. It is really high pitched because she is so excited to see him. She knows when he gets home from work. We took her up to Mom and Dad's this morning to work a little bit in the hay field and their pond on retrieving a bumper. It has been a really long time since she worked on her retrieving skills, but she did AWESOME! She was doing doubles and everything. I guess it's just like riding a bicycle; you never forget it. She had lots of fun playing in the water, but the tall grass makes her belly break out so we had to give her a Benedryl when we got home. I still find it ironic that our hunting dog is allergic to grass -- Sad, but true. Doesn't seem to affect her any though. She had a blast!

I made some grilled cheese sandwiches when we got home (Tim isn't much of a breakfast foods kind of person), and we watched the A-Team. Our Direct TV antenna got knocked out of alignment AGAIN last night in the wind, and I'm not going to bother the repair guy on a holiday weekend, so I'll give him a call on Tuesday to see if he can fix it. We are going to have to get an antenna mounted on a pole in the ground, but haven't had the time to make it happen. So, no TV for me tonight, but I have my Kindle and I'm still reading Voyager, which is more than enough to keep me occupied this evening. I tell you what, that book is getting better and better -- And I'm just a little over halfway! Tim went to bed pretty quickly this morning, but I stayed up to finish adding the videos to last night's blog post. I couldn't get them to load last night, but they are on there now.

I took a nice nap about lunchtime, then went outside to finish spraying the weeds in the yard. I got everything done except the east side of the driveway and around the mailbox. Mom's sprayer uses electric power so you don't have to pump it, but the battery went dead on me. I'll have to spray it another day. I got all the important parts of the yard done though. I made a lasagna for Tim's supper tonight, then went up to Mom's to feed the dogs and feed and water the rabbits. I also had to play with the kittens a little bit, but they are just too cute to resist. Mom has a cat named Fred (he's Red Fred technically) that we use to predict the weather. He only comes to the barn when there is some bad weather coming. Guess who was at the barn tonight? Guess what the weather is doing right now? If you said "Fred" and "storming," you would be correct! Thankfully, I got the critters all fed, watered, and buttoned up before the rain hit (Thanks, Mom, for the tip-off).

I took a quick shower and put my PJ's on, and I'm ready for some quality reading time. I thought it would be a good idea to write tonight's post before I got absorbed in my book -- Otherwise, I might not get it done and I'm really trying to do better at posting more often. I think, though, that this is enough for tonight. I can't really think of much else to write about. I really did have a good day today, even though I didn't get to talk to Dwain. I'm sure he is just busy, and it won't do me any good to worry about him. I just have to have faith that he will be safe, or else I would go crazy -- And that's never a good thing. Maybe I will hear from him in a day or two. There is nothing like a Sunday to make me miss that boy. He is about half done with his tour now though, so he will be home before we know it! I think that about wraps up today. I hope everyone has a great 4th of July tomorrow! Have fun!!   :^D
Operation Saheeb -- Two Months, Three Weeks, One Day

No comments:

Post a Comment