Thursday, July 7, 2011

Not-So-Extreme Couponing

Oh man, I am in trouble! I have discovered the joys of couponing! Saving money on the things you already buy -- Yup, that's a good feeling. If there's coupons out there that I can use on the things I am going to buy anyway, why not use them? It makes perfect sense to me. So, I have spent the better part of the evening searching the Internet for coupons that I can use. I plan on stocking up on the things I can, which basically means household stuff. I don't want to turn my life into an episode of "Extreme Couponing" by any means, but I think that saving a little money here and there is a good thing. I think we could all use a little extra money. 

Today was another crazy, busy day at the office. Something about having a short week makes it seem like it takes forever to get to the weekend. I have only worked two days so far this week, but it's been a little hectic. I worked at the front desk this morning with Dr. Pete, but we weren't really busy until right before lunch. I got quite a bit of paperwork and other fun tasks done, then headed to lunch at the park. I brought my lunch from home today (homemade guacamole), but I forgot to grab some tortilla chips to eat with it, so I was going to have guacamole only for lunch. The only problem with that plan? I forgot to grab a fork when I left the office, and I really didn't feel like eating with my fingers, so I came back from lunch a little early. I had a full day of massages on the books today -- Actually, I'm booked up through NEXT Thursday! That's ridiculous! It's great for my schedule (and paycheck), but I hate telling my patients that I can't get them in when they need a massage. It makes me feel like I'm failing them in some way. That's just the mother-hen in me though. I always feel like I have to take care of everyone -- That's what got me interested in massage in the first place.

Anyway, I had a great day, but I was really glad to get on the road for home. I stopped to drop off some supper for Tim and made a detour to Grandma Teddi's house. I also had to stop to fill my car up with gas in Elnora, but I was talking to Jessica most of the time, so it wasn't any big chore. Talking to friends makes everything better. Dixie and I played in the yard for a little while, then I settled in for some relaxation time. I have had a good evening, but I think I'm about ready for bed. I am very glad that tomorrow is finally Friday! It's going to be a busy weekend though. I'm probably not going to get to relax my stress away -- That makes me a little sad. I sure do love having a lazy weekend. They are perfect for unwinding after a crazy week. I think I will head to bed now. Sorry that this has been such a short post. I bet I'll have more to write about tomorrow. Good night!  :^)
Operation Saheeb -- Two Months, Three Weeks, Five Days

2 comments:

  1. Ha I love getting coupons in the mail!!! That show is crazy--honestly who needs 300 thing of soap!?! I do like the people who give their stuff to charities. But the rest are wackos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using them to stock up on things, but it's kinda fun really. You gotta love getting a deal!

    ReplyDelete