Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Date with Harry Potter

Tonight, I have a date with Harry Potter. I am just finishing the first movie, and I plan on watching all of them in order (over the next couple days, of course) to prepare for when I get to watch the final installment, which is hopefully in the next week or so. I don't want to fight everyone at the theater, but it is definitely on my "To Watch" list. I have been a Harry Potter addict for as long as I can remember. The books are much better naturally (I've read the series at least a dozen times), but the movies aren't too bad either. I have also been listing stuff on EBAY all afternoon. I like to go to St. Vincent's, which is our local thrift store, to find good deals on name brand stuff and books then turn around and sell them on EBAY for a profit. It's a good way to make some money on the side, and every little bit helps when you have bills to pay. I used up my 50 free listings per month though, so I am done with that for a while. Let's just hope that I can sell my stuff for a good price.

The remainder of my work week went really well this week. Thursday I worked in the morning then did five massages in the afternoon, and Friday morning I did five massages then came home. I wound up doing 25 massages this week! That is as booked up as I can possibly get. I have to make sure that I get enough sleep to keep from wearing myself out, but that will sure make a good paycheck on Monday. Maybe the best I've ever had! Because we were only open three days last week, I had a little overflow into this week. That's why my schedule was so full.

I haven't really done much this weekend. When I got home Friday from work, I did the only logical thing for someone who had a week like mine -- I took a nap. Once I got up and Tim left for work, I read on my book for the rest of the evening (Our Direct TV has STILL not been fixed). I kinda feel lame not doing anything "exciting" on a perfectly good Friday night, but Tim had to work and I was tired, so ask me if I care. It was SUPER to have a lazy evening.

Tim didn't come back from work at his usual time this morning, but Dixie must have missed that memo. She walked around the house all morning whining and looking for him. I think it's great that she knows his schedule! He did a ride-along with one of the Sheriff's deputies so he could see what they do. The Sheriff Department is hiring Reserve Deputies, and of course, he is hoping to get one of the spots. Dixie was beside herself when he finally made it home, but he crashed out almost immediately. He didn't even make it halfway through a Dukes of Hazzard episode before he was sawing logs. I walked to the mailbox with Dixie then did my EBAY thing for the afternoon. I made Tim spaghetti and cheesy bread for dinner, which was very good. I think I might have a second helping after while.

I'm now on the second Harry Potter movie. I might even watch the third one tonight if I get time, but they are pretty long. My only plan for tomorrow is to mow the yard and tidy up the house a little bit. It's getting pretty dirty. I also have a baby shower I want to try to go to tomorrow, if I can. I think that about wraps it up for tonight. If any of you want to check out my EBAY listings, you can by clicking here -- http://myworld.ebay.com/glennal_87. I hope you all have a great and lazy Sunday. I sure hope that we hear from Dwain soon. It's been a while, and we are more than a little worried. Good night everyone!   :^)
Operation Saheeb -- Three Months, Five Days

No comments:

Post a Comment