Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Talk about a Run of Bad Luck

Wednesday night. Where am I? Sitting on my couch watching How To Train Your Dragon, doing laundry, and blogging. It has been a very long day, but it has been a good day. I plan on finishing this post, taking a quick shower, then calling it a night. But first, I need to get you caught up on the last couple days.

Monday, my massage schedule at the office was booked. I did five massages, but I didn't stick around long because I had volleyball open gym Monday night. The girls are really coming along nicely. Tim had to work Monday night, so I came home after volleyball, took a shower, then went to bed. Sounds about like my plan for tonight, huh?

Tuesday was a great day. I was really busy all morning at the office. There was tons of paperwork and such to keep me busy. I ran some errands over lunch (I saved about $40 using coupons at Wally World), then headed back to the office for another afternoon full of massages. I had to do a little fancy scheduling to get Randi's schedule filled up too, but we both had full day's on Tuesday. A wicked storm blew up about the time we got off work, and I was headed to Wal-Mart to stock up on some household stuff. I have some great coupons for the things that we use everyday, so I am going to use them to save a little money on the things that I buy all the time. It's so nice to save money, and I won't have to buy anything like shampoo or deodorant for quite a while -- That money stays in my pocket. Anyway, back to my story. I got to Wal-Mart just as the storm was really starting to blow, so I stayed in my car and read a bit while the storm was raging around me. I had checked the weather before I left the office, so I knew that it was going to be a quick storm. The only problem with my flawless plan was that the wind was blowing so hard that shopping carts were scooting all over the parking lot. I was a little afraid for the well-being of my vehicle when I saw a cart NAIL a pretty red Cadillac. I decided it would be a good idea to move to a safer spot. Before too long, the storm had blown itself out and I went inside. I was able to stock up on quite a few things and save a lot of money. In total, I spent about $150 dollars on Tuesday, but I saved over $100! That's a good day in my book! I can use that money on so many other things besides razors and hair gel. Think of all the fishing poles you could buy! After I got home and got my purchases unloaded and put away, I went up to Mom and Dad's for supper and some quality visiting time. I wound up falling asleep on the couch, which is typical, but I really enjoyed my evening. Yup, Tuesday was a good day!

Today has been almost as good! Unfortunately, I didn't get to see Tim before I left for work this morning because he went South to take his Mom out to eat for her birthday. -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my second Momma! I love you Kim! -- I didn't want to leave Dixie at home all day, so I took her to visit with her Grandma Sara while I was at work. I'm pretty sure that she had one heck of a day, because she has been sleeping ever since we got home. Playing with Annie sure wears her out. I had another busy morning at the office, then a full afternoon of massages. I have done fifteen hours of massage so far this week, and I have ten more to go. Man, that's great for my paycheck and it's great to be so busy! I had volleyball again tonight after work, and it was one of the best open gyms yet. The girls are attending a team camp at Linton this week, so we didn't want to do anything too serious. "Not too serious" means that we did a lot of fun drills and playing either three on three or six on six. I haven't had that good of a workout in a long time. I bet I burned off at least a couple pounds tonight. After volleyball, I went to Mom's to pick up Dixie. I haven't done a whole lot since I got home. I washed a load of clothes, the movie just ended (I watched it while blogging -- It was VERY cute!) and I still need to take that shower. I'm more than a little grimy from sweating so much, but it's SOO MUCH FUN!

I could probably stay up late tonight watching TV or something, but our Direct TV antenna is still misaligned. I actually called our repairman today because I was beginning to think that he had forgotten about us. Let me tell you what, he has had one hell of a last two weeks. He told me that he wouldn't be able to come out today because he had to go to his nephew's funeral. His nephew (he can't have been that old) was killed in an electrical accident a couple days ago in Martinsville. As if that isn't bad enough, Rob (that's our repairman's name) told me that two weeks ago he was working on someone's roof and was electrocuted bad enough that the doctors at the ER were surprised that he had survived! Talk about a run of bad luck. I think I would stay away from electricity for a while. I felt terrible for calling the poor man on the day of his nephew's funeral, but he said that he would get out and get us taken care of in a couple days. I assured him that there was no rush -- We have been busy enough that I really haven't missed having TV the last week, but I will be calling Direct TV to have them adjust our bill. I don't really want to pay for the week that we haven't had signal.

I think that I'm going to wrap this post up for the night. It's been a long day, and I have another big one tomorrow. Hopefully, Tim will be home tomorrow night -- I would like to spend some time with him if I can get him off the river long enough. He is going for Round #2 on the Ohio tonight. Maybe he will catch another big fish -- Who knows. All I know is that I'm ready to catch some ZZZ's. For those of you who are keeping tabs on Dwain, we haven't heard anything from him in several days. I'm sure he is just busy on some mission somewhere, but I sure would like to have a chat with him. I miss him a lot, but being busy helps make the time go faster. I can't wait until we get to see him again. It can't get here fast enough. I hope you all have a great Thursday. Goodnight!!!   :^)
Operation Saheeb -- Three Months, Two Days

No comments:

Post a Comment