Monday, July 11, 2011

You Could Fit His Head in There!

What a weekend! I went on a road trip with Mom and Dad to South Bend for my cousin Karl's wedding. The wedding was nice, but the drive was LONG! I wanted to read on my Kindle, but I kept getting carsick. That made it a very long drive. I guess that I'm not done reading the Outlander series -- I thought that there were just three books, but there are SIX! They are all over 800 pages! I'm going to be reading for a little while longer about Jamie and Claire's adventure. I was able to read quite a bit by putting my hands up as blinders so I couldn't see the road flying by, but the curvy road still made me sick to my stomach.

The wedding was held at the park of the town where Karl and Stephanie live, and the reception was in Aunt Diana and Uncle Bill's backyard. It was very pretty. It was great to visit with family, and I got to meet some wonderful new faces. We stayed at the reception until after midnight, then went back to the hotel to crash for the night. The plan was to get up early the next morning and be on the road, but we slept in, so we didn't get headed for home until about noon or so. By the time we made it home (about 5:00 or so), I was ready to call it a day. Unfortunately, the yard needed mowed. Tim wasn't home yet -- He had gone catfishing this weekend on the Ohio; more on that later -- so I went ahead and did the mowing. Thank goodness, Grandma Ruth let me borrow her riding mower, so it didn't take me more than a couple hours. I got out of the shower at about the same time Tim got home. We went up to Mom's to visit with them a little while then came back to our house. Tim watched a movie, but I don't remember more than the first ten minutes or so before I fell asleep.

Tim, on the other hand, had a very unforgettable weekend! Like I said earlier, he went fishing on the Ohio River this weekend with his friend Pat and his little brother Josh. They were fishing for catfish and maybe a few carp here and there. Tim caught a MONSTER!! Two of them actually! He caught a 27 pound Blue Catfish and a potential state record Flathead. It broke the scales at 67 pounds, but judging by the length and girth etc, he has figured that it was probably pushing about 80 pounds. How about I just let the pictures speak for themselves? Be ready to say "Holy Crap!"
 
The 27 pounder -- It's a baby fish compared to the other one!

Jumping Carp -- Killed with a Bow and Arrow

And now the real fishing begins!
 
Fish on!

Look at that rod tip go down!
 
Making a run for the bottom of the river -- Hold on Tim!

No more captions after this -- Enjoy the show!


 


 
You could fit his HEAD in there!



 
Catch and Release -- So we can catch her again someday

He got a little "damp"


What a helluva fish! He could have taken it and had it officially weighed and measured to see if it really was a new State Record, but it was late at night, and he didn't want the fish to die while he was trying to get it weighed.

Now, it's Monday and we have to go back to work. Tim is making butterfly chops for lunch, and I'll be heading to the office soon. I have a full schedule and volleyball open gym after work. I really need to go to Wal-Mart after work to pick up a couple things, but it will have to wait until tomorrow. It's going to be another busy day! I hope you have a good Monday -- If that's possible.    :^)
Operation Saheeb -- Three Months! We are about halfway done!

1 comment: