Friday, July 1, 2011

Fly By The Seat of Your Pants

Let's do some catching up. I have been busy in the evenings and haven't taken the time to post anything. I would apologize, but it will probably happen again.

Saturday evening, Tim and I went fishing for a little while on the White River at Elnora. We didn't have much luck (which means very few bites), but just as we were getting ready to pack it up, I caught a nice sized Channel Catfish. It's always a good night when you don't go home empty-handed.

Not a clear picture, but we left the camera in the truck, so I had to use my phone

On our way back to the boat ramp, one of those jumping Asian Carp came flying out of the water! They jump as a defensive mechanism against the sound and vibration of the boat motor. That thing just about took my head off! It landed in the back of the boat, so we cut it up for bait. It's never been easier to catch a fish. I didn't even have to cast a line. We came home from the river and Tim fried up some catfish (not the one we caught earlier -- we put him back so he could grow), then we hit the sack. Saturdays just don't get much better than that.

It knocked itself stupid on Tim's Rod Holders then died in the back of the boat

 Tim and the Jumping Carp -- Sounds like the title of a good fishing book

Sunday, Tim and I had a slow start (meaning we slept in), but we went out on the river again to try to catch a couple more fish. No such luck. We spent about 3 hours out there on the water, but the only thing we got were some nice sunburns, and I took some more pictures. It was still fun though. I will take a day of fishing over just about anything else. After we made it back home, we went to Mom's to pick up Dixie (Thanks for babysitting Momma) then came home for showers and a power nap. Tim and I went to Grandma Ruth's and Grandpa Marvin's for some supper with Mom and Dad and my cousin Paul, who was down visiting for the day. We stayed to chat for quite some time, but eventually, Tim and I made it home. We spent the rest of the evening watching a movie (No Strings Attached -- Very good!) then went to bed. I had a very good weekend with Tim, to say the least.

 The dragonfly on the back of the boat was very pretty

Tim's Rod Rack and Holders -- He made them himself! 

Master of The Water -- The turkey feather I found at the boat ramp is a nice touch 

Our view heading upriver 

Why is it that I always look terrible when I have been fishing? I can seriously never get a decent picture -- I find it very depressing

Monday was a very typical Monday. The most exciting thing that happened was that we had our water softener installed Monday morning. WE DON'T HAVE RUSTY WATER ANYMORE!! I couldn't be happier! I love being able to do laundry at OUR house. It's such a hassel to do laundry at Mom's, but "Thank You Momma" for letting us do our laundry at your house for the last year and a half. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. Monday night, I went to volleyball open gym, but I did more coaching and less playing, which is fine, but not much of a workout. Once I made it home finally and got a shower, I washed the first ever "successful" load of laundry at our house. I guess that it wasn't totally successful, because the dryer and the air conditioner are evidently on the same electric circuit and I kept blowing the breaker without realizing it. My clothes didn't get dry until Tuesday. So, we just have to turn the AC off when we dry clothes -- No biggie. That's perfectly manageable. I was pretty tired Monday night and it was already after 10:00 when I finally sat down to relax, and I didn't want to start blogging that late at night. I told myself that I would write the next night (that didn't happen, obviously) and went to bed.

Tuesday and Wednesday were perfectly ordinary days at the office. I worked the front desk in the morning then did massages in the afternoons. I am still running a fully booked schedule, which keeps me busy, but I love being busy. Tim was working Tuesday evening, so I made a trip to Wal-Mart to get stocked up on groceries. We were running pretty low, so I wound up spending about an hour and a half there, but I think we have plenty to eat now. I took Tim a bite of supper, then headed home. I made guacamole (according to Jessica's recipe -- It was very good) for supper, then headed to bed. I was just too tired to blog about anything, so I hit the hay instead.

Wednesday night was also a good night. I had volleyball open gym, and we played six on six for most of the two hours. The girls were laughing at me because I was huffing and puffing so much, but I think I did pretty dang good for being ten years older than most of them. I am finally starting to get back in shape. I had a great time, and the rest of the evening wasn't too bad either. Tim had burgers ready by the time I made it home from volleyball, so I ran through the shower then we sat down for dinner. They were delicious (as usual -- he is such a good griller). We watched a little TV (Criminal Minds and NCIS if I remember correctly), then headed to bed. We thought about going fishing Wednesday night on the river, but decided against it for two reasons: #1 -- We were miserably full from the burgers and #2 -- The river was up pretty high, so fishing after dark was a little too dangerous. Crawling into a warm, cozy bed sounded like a much better idea.

Tim and I had planned on going fishing Thursday morning because I didn't have to be at work until 2:00 that afternoon. Sammie and I swapped shifts so that she could go out of town for a weekend trip with her boy. She would have done the same thing for me, and that's what friends are for. It worked out very well for both of us though, because even though we didn't go fishing, Tim and I had a great morning. We slept in a little bit, then he made eggs and toast for breakfast. We watched a little TV, but there wasn't much on. Thursday was a Netflix delivery day so we walked to the mailbox to see what was there. Turns out Knight and Day isn't a bad movie. Tom Cruise is not my favorite actor by any means (I liked Top Gun, of course, but he made two too many Mission Impossible movies). I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was actually a good movie. There were funny bits (who knew Tom Cruise had a sense of humor?) and several good action scenes. Not too shabby. Before I knew it, I had to get headed through the shower and ready to go to work. 

While I was at work, Dr. Bowling told me that he had mailed a reimbursment check to one of our patients who we had referred out for an MRI (his insurance had overpaid us). He was so happy with how we had treated him that he tried to bring the check back to us. We couldn't take the check back, so Jim told Dr. Bowling to "give it to the soldiers." I tell you what, there are some really great people out there! Their generosity never ceases to amaze me. I called Jim on my way home to thank him, and he told me that he was proud to make a difference and to make sure to tell Dwain "thank you" for what he was doing. The world needs more people like Jim.

Once I made it home from work (I only did four hours of massage), Tim and I made a quick run to Odon to the Jay C store to pick up a couple things. I wanted to make tacos for supper, but I needed lettuce and taco shells -- They are pretty essential for tacos, ya know. The tacos were INCREDIBLY delicious! Exactly what I was craving. We once again ate so many that we were miserable, but it was worth it. We are going to have to incorporate more tacos into our diet. A couple of Criminal Minds episodes later and we were both falling asleep on the couch. It was time for bed.

Today (Friday) was a little out of the ordinary as far as my schedule went, but it has been a great day. As usual, I did massages this morning -- Today I had four of them -- But instead of going home afterwards like I usually do, I took a lunch break then came back to run the front desk in the afternoon for Samantha. I went to Wal-Mart over lunch to get a couple of the things that I had forgotten to pick up earlier in the week. I also wound up buying some adorable clothes for Jessica's little girl Sofia. Her first birthday is next month, and those cute little dresses were just too pretty to pass up. I can't wait to see her in them! I had time to read just a little bit over lunch before heading back to the office for the last shift of the week. Everything went very smoothly and the time seemed to pass quickly. The end of the day was here before I knew it. I helped Dr. Bowling close up the office, then I was headed home. It stinks that I didn't get to see Tim today, but the office will be closed on Monday and Tuesday, so I get a little mini-vacation! Heck Yes! You gotta love those. Unfortunately, Tim is working part of the weekend, but I'm sure that we will have lots of fun regardless. I will try to keep you posted. No promises though. I never know what we're going to be doing. We live a "fly by the seat of your pants" kind of life. I wouldn't have it any other way. Now, I have GOT to go mow the green stuff that is growing in our yard. It's getting pretty out of control, and I'm running out of daylight. I'll write again tomorrow. Have a wonderful night everyone!  :^)
Operation Saheeb -- Two Months, Two Weeks, Six Days

Also, everyone should check out the post titled "Gone Away for a While" -- It's a song that my cousin wrote about Dwain's deployment. I made a slideshow to go with it because I couldn't figure out how to post an audio file by itself. I guess I'm starting to get this technology stuff figured out. Anyway, it's an incredibly beautiful song and it really touched my heart. I have to admit that I was crying like a lunatic at the front desk today when I listened to it on my lunch break. The flood gates were wide open. I love my little brother, and I can't tell you how much I miss him. I love that song -- I was speechless, which doesn't happen very often. Thank you Paul! And most of all, thank you Dwain for doing what you do! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment