Tuesday, July 5, 2011

You Can't Go Wrong with the Dukes!

I am sitting here on the couch (being lazy on the computer) and I can't help but ask -- What's that smell? Oh man, it's Dixie! She found some god awful thing in the yard to roll in yesterday, and even though I gave her a bath right away, she still reeks. Fantastic! -- Sarcasm is a second language for me. I think that I will give her another bath here in a few minutes when I get this post finished.

Yesterday was one of the laziest days we have had in a long time! I didn't get out of bed until late in the morning, and then I spent the entire afternoon reading Voyager on my Kindle. Tim worked the night before, so he spent most of the day sleeping. Night shift sucks! At about 5:00 or so, we got all cleaned up and made a trip to the tractor pull at Otwell. Grandpa Marvin and a bunch of the guys Dad has done work for were pulling. Dixie wasn't very happy that we left her at home, but there were fireworks afterwards. I don't think they would have bothered her much, but they sound too much like gun shots, and she would have spent all evening excited and waiting for the ducks to fall out of the sky. Gunshot Sounds = Falling Ducks. We had a really good time (even though it was MUGGY) and I really enjoyed the fireworks. There is nothing better than watching fireworks on the Fourth of July. I took a couple videos from the tractor pull so that you could enjoy it too. I have become completely involved in my blog now. I love taking pictures and videos for the sole purpose of putting them on here. What can I say? I love blogging. It's very cathartic -- Wow, that's a big word! I could have just said "it's very therapeutic," but sometimes I like to remind myself that I did get (and am still paying for) a good education -- So I use big words; just so I feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

Here is the video of Grandpa Marvin's pull in the Super Farm class

This is Quintin Hartman's son Bradley pulling last night. Dad has done a lot of work on this tractor over the years.

After Tim and I made it home (it was a little late), we got a bite to eat and curled up on the couch to watch The Expendables. It's one of our favorite movies, but I wound up falling asleep about halfway through. Dangit, I really wanted to watch the whole thing. I finally gave up and went to bed, but because Tim slept during the day yesterday, he was up most of the night. I don't have a clue what he did, but there are Dukes of Hazzard DVD's all over the floor in front of the TV. You can't go wrong with the Dukes!

I woke up this morning because Dixie REALLY had to go outside to pee -- And she made sure that I knew it. She sat by the bed whining and carrying on for about five minutes before I finally gave up and let her out. I spent about ten minutes sitting outside watching her run around before we came back in. I spent another ten minutes looking for my camera so I could upload the videos from last night before I realized that it was still in the pocket of Tim's jeans. Go figure. I had looked everywhere else I could think of. Talk about a "DUH" moment. Now, once I get all these videos uploaded, Tim and I are planning on doing a little fishing tonight. We need to catch some bait first, but it should be a great evening. I do love fishing! Other than that, I can't think of any plans for the day. We both have to go back to work tomorrow, but it's a short week, so it won't be too bad. I hope everyone has had a wonderful Fourth of July weekend! Enjoy the rest of your week! I need to go give a puppy a bath.    :^)
Operation Saheeb -- Two Months, Three Weeks, Three Days

The FINALE of the fireworks at Otwell Monday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment