Saturday, May 21, 2011

I Now Have Purple Toes -- And I LOVE Them!

Today was a FANTASTIC day! Just perfect! Could. Not. Ask. For. A. Better. Day!

I didn't have to be at work this morning until 9:00, so I got to sleep in an extra hour -- And today was Jean Day at the office, so my day started out pretty darn good. I had four massages this morning, which makes it the only day this week that my schedule wasn't booked. I love my Friday people. They are mostly regulars, and I have a great relationship with all of them. One of them even brought in a big bag of stuff for me to send to Dwain's unit. After I was done doing massages, Sammie and I put together FOUR more Care Packages to ship out. Our table was getting a little full, and Sammie (by herself) brought in enough items for two complete Care Packages. What a great friend! It took us an hour and a half to get the boxes packed and ready to ship, but it was fun. Sammie helped me get them to the post office, then they were on their way to Afghanistan. That brings our total up to 14! Dr. Bowling wants us to collect Care Package items for Dwain's unit the entire time that he is overseas! How great is my boss?? I want to send as many items as I possibly can. I love feeling like I am helping out in some way. If those boys can fight to protect my freedom, by God, I can do my part and make sure that they have what they need or want. I think that it just makes people feel patriotic to donate to such a great cause. It seems like our project is picking up steam and taking off, so I'm sure that I will be busy shipping more boxes in the next weeks.

After I got our boxes shipped and my time sheet filled out (almost 38 hours this week -- Not too shabby), I was finally headed home. It was about 3:00, which is a lot later than I was hoping to get home, but it was for a good cause. Tim and I made a quick trip into Odon to pick up my power steering pump from Jeffers. I was hungry, so I got Subway while we were in town, then we headed back home. We made a detour to Mom and Dad's house to drop off filters and dog food, but we didn't stay for long. Tim headed to work for the night, and I went outside to mow the yard. Those nasty "vampire gnats" were all over the place, but I put vanilla extract on my face, neck, and shoulders, and they didn't bother me a bit! I got the big half of the yard mowed in the three hours I had before dark. Our little pushmower does a great job, and I love mowing grass. It takes forever, but I figure that I could use the exercise. It's so relaxing to just be able to mow on auto-pilot and get lost in my thoughts. I solve so many of the world's problems when I mow.

Now, I have been through the shower (wonderful, refreshing, and LONG), painted my toenails (purple), and got a bite to eat (ham and cheese). I am watching CSI, but I think that I'm about ready for bed. Tim and I are going for a run tomorrow morning when he gets home from work, then I want to work in the yard while he is sleeping. I have so many things that I want to work on! Our shrubs need pruned, the mailbox STILL needs fixed, and I want to work on my flower beds. I'm sure that I will find other things to work on as well. I just feel like being productive! I also HAVE to do laundry tomorrow, but it shouldn't be too bad. Ok, Yup. I'm ready for bed. I have to go now -- Before I get engrossed in another episode. Good night everyone. I'll write again tomorrow!   :^)
Operation Saheeb -- One Month, One Week, Two Days

Dixie trying to get the bait fish in the tub on Wednesday night. It's not the best video, and she's not going after them like she was earlier, but it's still pretty hilarious! Of course, she takes horrible pictures and videos.

 Lazy, Bum Cat!

 Happy Father's Day Tim! -- Love, Dixie and Chuck

 Our rose bush is blooming!

 They are so pretty!

 There's a bird's nest in my rose bush

Purple Toes

No comments:

Post a Comment