Thursday, May 26, 2011

Shrek 2 with my Favorite 2-Year Old

Well, I didn't get near as much sleep as I wanted last night because of the storms (Thank you Mother Nature -- NOT!), but I still had a fantastic day today. I got home last night to find that our house DID survive the storm. We lost a couple limbs, but they were pretty small. Our Direct TV antenna got blown out of alignment again though. I'll be making that phone call tomorrow to see if they can fix it. I'm missing Swamp People tonight, and I'm not very happy about it. There was a lot of damage by the Odon Turn-off though. Trees down, the irrigation rig flipped over, power line poles at 45 degree angles. Not good! Too many tornados. This can stop anytime.

Work was awesome today. I got a lot done this morning at the office, and I even managed to get four more Care Packages sent out. We are having so much stuff brought in that I am running out of table room. I don't want to ship too much all at once. He is going to be over run with boxes as it is; not to mention that it could get pretty expensive! I know it's only $12.20 to ship a Care Package, but that adds up when you have sent 23 of them in just a little over 6 weeks. The generosity and patriotism of our community is truly amazing. After lunch, I started my massage schedule for the afternoon. We didn't have our usual staff meeting today because Dr. Bowling and Mary Sue are out of town visiting their daughter, so I was able to stick another massage in there. I wound up filling four out of five spots, but it worked out that my empty spot was at the same time as Randi's empty spot, so I got a massage today! I hadn't had one in MONTHS, and man was I overdue. There is nothing better than a nice relaxing massage to make you feel like your stress is gone. I feel much better -- Refreshed and ready to go.

After we closed up the office, Sammie and I went to Jessica's for some DELICIOUS Italian food. She made us a Stuffed Cheesy Chicken with Bruscetta to go with it (I'm not sure if I spelled that right, but I'm not too worried about it honestly). It was incredible! I could make a meal out of the Bruscetta and French Bread! I will have to get her recipe! Jessie, if you are reading this, you should email me your recipe for the Stuffed Chicken and the Bruscetta. Tim would really like it, and I would like to try making it sometime. You're the best dear!

I can't help staying to chat with Jessica anytime I can. I loved working with her, and I really miss her. She is a great friend! I was at Jessica's house until 10:00 tonight!! I just can't resist playing with her son Nicholas. He is very energetic and active, and he is just so much fun to mess with. We played with toys for a while, then we watched Shrek 2 together. He was happy as a clam just sitting on my lap. I wish we had little ones in my family to play with because they are so much fun. Nicholas is such a stinker! It's so funny to be around him because you never know what he is going to do. My favorite thing is his evil laugh and listening to him say "Balls, Balls, Balls" when he is playing with his Play Dough. It's so innocent to him, but the three of us were cracking up. Heaven help me when we have children of our own. Any child of Tim's is going to be a HANDFUL! But, there are no plans for extras in our family for several more years, so I think I'm safe for now. I can play with Nicholas and Sofia all I want, then give them back to Jessica.

Now, I'm finally at home. It was a long day today. I have entirely too much going on, and the weekend cannot get here soon enough. Tomorrow, I have a full schedule, but it's only massages in the morning, so I will be home by the afternoon. I even get to sleep in an extra hour because my day doesn't start until 9:00. And it's Jean Day. And it's a long weekend! YES! It is going to be a good day!

I talked to Dwain a little bit today, but he didn't say how he was doing besides being hot and dirty, but I'm thinking that about sums up Afghanistan right now. He said it is 120 degrees there already. I can't even imagine! He is still able to get emails just about anytime, so if you are interested, you can send him an email at jolliff55@gmail.com. I'm sure that he would love hearing from his people back home. He misses it a lot, but the days keep flying by, and he will be home before we know it. I am so very proud of my little brother! He has given up and missed out on a lot to go over there and fight for our country, and I don't think that we can ever really thank him enough. I love you Dwain! You are a GREAT man!

Okay, time for bed now. It's getting late, and I would love to get a full night's sleep. I'm not sure what our weekend plans are, but I bet that we will have fun. I'm hoping to do some fishing! I keep forgetting that I'm off on Monday. If I'm not careful, I'll forget and try to go in to work Monday afternoon. Fat lot of good that would do me; man, would I feel stupid. Hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow. Thank Goodness It's Friday!    :^D
Operation Saheeb -- One Month, Two Weeks, One Day

No comments:

Post a Comment