Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Why Does It Feel Like It's August? It's MAY!

Well, it was back to work this morning. I had a wonderful weekend, and it was really hard to get myself moving this morning. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but everyone loves having days off every once in a while.

I finally made it out of bed, got a shower (Hi Chuck!), and got ready for the work day. Tim was a little late getting home from work, so I didn't get to see him much before I left. That's the worst part about his work schedule -- When we both work, I don't really get to see him at all. There was lots to work on in the office this morning. The phone rang off the hook, which is good for business, and I got a lot done. A couple of my massages cancelled their appointments (One was cleaning up tornado damage; the other was sunburned), but I was able to get their spots filled up pretty quickly. On my lunch break, I took two more care packages to the post office to get shipped to Dwain. Our grand total is up to twenty-five now, but as far as I know Dwain has only gotten the first one because he is so isolated and they don't get mail very often. He is going to be very popular when he finally gets all those packages.

My afternoon was almost completely booked up -- One of my massages had to cancel, but I got to spend an hour at the front desk with my Sammie. Let me tell you what, that girl is SUNBURNED. She spent a little too much time out in the sun playing with Nicholas this weekend. She is radiating heat! I feel so bad for her. It has to be extremely uncomfortable. I'm going to take her some of our Kool-Down tomorrow so that she can get rid of the worst of it. Poor girl. The sun is not our friend. My sunburn is LOADS better today. I can barely feel that my skin is tight. I can't believe how hot it has been outside. And, soo humid! It feels more like August than the end of May. We've got three weeks til summer for crying out loud. I think it's going to be a rough summer. With the winter and spring that we've had, I bet summer is going to be a doozy. Maybe I'm wrong -- I hope I'm wrong.

I headed home right after work tonight and got the mower out to finish the yard. I didn't have much left to mow, but I wanted to get it done so that the yard was all the same height. It took me about an hour and a half, but the yard looks really nice. I love it when the grass is all mowed up nice and pretty. Mowing the yard is one of my favorite things to do. It's just so relaxing, and I get so much thinking done -- And it's great exercise because all we have is a push mower. After I got the yard mowed, I watered my flowers and our poor hail-beaten tomato plant, then called it quits. Now, I have had a shower -- Showers are amazing after you have worked hard -- And I'm watching Forrest Gump while I blog. I am planning on going to bed as soon as I get this post done. I have a big day tomorrow. Work is going to be busy, then I'm playing volleyball afterwards. North Daviess is having open gyms this summer, and Coach Burkhart has asked me if I could help out with her girls. I can't tell you how excited I am about this. I would love to coach full time, but it doesn't work with my schedule, so I will help out as much as I can. I'm going to be helping her hitters and blockers, as well as playing with the girls to add a little extra competition. Have I mentioned that I'm excited about this? 

For now, though, I'm going to finish my movie, then hit the hay. I need some sleep, that's for sure! I had a BUSY day today, and tomorrow is going to be just as crazy! I love my life -- What a great day! I hope everyone has a good Wednesday! I'm sure I will! Just think, it's a short week this week -- It's almost the weekend again!   :^)
Operation Saheeb -- Seven Weeks, Two Days

There was a Luna Moth in the driveway when I went to work this morning.
So, of course, I took a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment