Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Storms = GO AWAY!

What a crappy evening. It’s storming and raining again -- Big surprise there! I am actually at Mom and Dad’s because I don’t trust our matchbox house to stay standing if a big wind gust hits it, much less a tornado. Besides, what else are Mom’s and Dad’s for besides to run to when something is scary -- And let me tell you, storms are SCARY, TERRIFYING, and a first class ticket to a PANIC ATTACK. I don’t like them at all, so I am totally comfortable being in Mom and Dad’s brick house, especially when Tim is at work for the evening.

Now, I know that I have not written anything in a couple days, and I’m sorry for that -- Too much going on. I started to post something last night while Tim and I were watching River Monsters, but I fell asleep in the middle of writing, so I would call that a bust. I will try to get you caught up on things. It’s been busy, no questions there. But being busy isn't a bad thing.

Monday was a good day. I really don’t mind Mondays too much because I only work a half day, and I usually spend my morning being lazy. That’s exactly what I did this Monday. Tim got home early in the morning, but we were both asleep within a half hour. I slept in a little bit, then got up and had a bowl of cereal for breakfast (Don’t you just love Rice Crispies -- Dixie and Chuck sure do).  Before too long (where does the time go?), I had to start getting ready for work. Chuck joined me in the shower, like usual -- It’s so common now that I don’t even think it’s out of the ordinary for our cat to take a shower. Is that sad? Monday at work was a great day! My massage schedule was booked up solid. After doing my five massages, I made what was originally going to be a quick trip out to Wal-Mart to get stuff to make homemade pizza. Tim said he was busy doing “fishing stuff” though, so I went ahead and tried (key word = “tried”) to get a bunch of the things that I had on my list. The key word in that sentence was “tried” because I left my list sitting on the desk at the office, which means that it didn’t help me much at Wal-Mart. So, I winged it! I actually did really well and only forgot one thing on my list. Cool!

After I finally got home, I started on my pizza. It had all the good stuff: sausage, bacon, pepperoni, onions, tomatoes, and LOTS of cheese. And, it was DELICIOUS! I didn’t enjoy it nearly as much as I should have though, because my teeth were very sensitive. I have had a lot on my plate lately (Dwain, work, yard stuff etc), and I think that the stress is making me crazy. I already have problems with clacking/chomping my teeth together while I sleep, and I think that stress is probably making it worse. However, I got some Sensodyne while I was at Wal-Mart Monday night, and by Tuesday night I had almost no pain. I even ate some ice cream. So, I guess that I was clacking my teeth so much that they were actually sore. Thank goodness for Sensodyne. After we finished eating, Tim and I had a very enjoyable evening. We watched a little TV then I headed to bed, but Tim went fishing with one of his work buddies. He had a very productive trip. Scott caught a really nice Blue Cat, and Tim caught a NICE Channel Cat. Not too bad, and the boat ran like a champ! They spent all night out on the river, but Dixie, Chuck, and I slept like babies (Our bed gets pretty cozy when everyone piles in).

I did NOT want to get out of my nice warm bed on Tuesday morning. I would have loved to curl up with Tim and sleep for a couple more hours, but I had to get moving. There was a lot to work on in the office. The phone never stopped ringing, and I did all kinds of small, odd jobs the entire time. I got a lot done though, and I always feel good about that. Tuesday, I got the power steering pump replaced on my car (his name is Waldo) while I was at work. I have never in my life paid someone to work on my car -- Daddy has always taken care of that, but Daddy has been busy too, and I’m a big girl now. It didn’t cost me an arm and a leg (Thank goodness Daddy gets a discount at Jeffer’s Auto Parts), and now I know that my car has been taken care of. Hooray for one less worry! Thank you, Exhaust Works, for taking care of me and my Waldo.  After lunch (leftover pizza), we had a GREAT staff meeting, then I did some massages in the afternoon. I had a full schedule again, but our schedule has slacked off a little bit in the last couple weeks. I think that everyone is getting busy with other things and going to the chiropractor isn’t making it on the to-do list. After work, I was worn out and ready for supper. Neither of us felt like cooking anything, so we went out for supper -- To the Fish and Carry. It may not be 5-Star dining, but it’s pretty tasty, and the best part? I don’t have to cook it! I didn’t last too long after dinner before I fell asleep on the couch; well actually, I fell asleep on Tim. We were in bed by 10:30, but I didn’t sleep very well at all. I have been dreaming a lot lately, and as a result, I’m not sleeping very well. I’m hoping that I can get my brain to shut down tonight, so that I don’t feel so crappy tomorrow.

I woke up this morning, and I felt like a zombie. I bet I woke up seven or eight times last night, and that’s just not going to get me enough sleep to function. I worked on getting Care Packages ready to ship this morning at the office. We sent out FIVE more today! That brings our total up to 19! Sammie helped me take them to the post office over lunch, and then I was ready for the afternoon. I started out with four massages on my schedule, but two people cancelled with the nasty weather coming in. We wound up getting out of the office by 5:30, and Sammie and I went to the Great Wall for some yummy Chinese food. I took a Take Out Box to Tim for supper, and then talked myself into making another trip to Wal-Mart. Dwain told us this week that he was hungry, so Momma sent me on a mission to get him something to eat. I went a little crazy, but he shouldn’t go hungry for a while. I am going to be busy tomorrow morning getting more Care Packages shipped to Afghanistan. Now, like I said earlier, I am sitting at Mom and Dad’s waiting out the storm. It doesn’t sound too bad out there, but I am in a brick house. I sure hope there is no damage at home. I have Dixie with me, but I had to leave Chuck to fend for himself. He and my Mom’s dog Annie just don’t get along well enough to be in the same house. I am planning on heading home as soon as I get this post done, and then I’m heading to bed! I have GOT to get some sleep tonight. This storm can take a flying leap for all I care about it. I’m about sick to death of this weather. Enough with the storms and the rain already! Can’t we please have some nice weather? It’s not supposed to be clear and nice again until SUNDAY -- Lame! I have plans dangit! Oh well, not much I can do to change it, huh? Guess I’ll just deal with it the best I can. I think that I’m ready for bed now. It’s been a long day, and my schedule is full again tomorrow. I need some sleep, that’s for sure! Good night everyone!   :^)
Operation Saheeb -- One Month, Two Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment