Sunday, May 22, 2011

What a SUPER weekend!

The last two days have been awesome! I have gotten so much done around the yard! I love it when I'm productive -- It makes me feel a great sense of accomplishment. That's much better than feeling like a lazy bum.

When Tim got home from work yesterday morning, he and I went for a mile and a half run. We ran down the road past the bridge north of our house. It made me realize just how out of shape we really are. I was breathing heavy, that's for sure. I haven't done much exercising since I stopped playing volleyball, and it felt good to get my blood pumping again. After our run and a quick shower, we hit the couch for a movie (The Tourist -- Great movie, by the way) and a nap. Well, I was taking a nap, but Tim was headed to bed -- I don't know how anyone can work nights and function like a normal human being.

After I had slept for a while, I decided to do some work out in the yard. I made a trip up to Dad's shop to steal some tools -- That's what Dad's are for, huh? I needed a saw, power drill, big screws, and Mom's shrub trimmers. I started out by fixing our mailbox -- Well, actually I replaced our old broken one with a new one (Remember when I backed my car into it in January? Yeah, the base was still broken, and the mailbox was just "resting" on the post. Not very stable at all). It didn't take me too long, and the new mailbox is much, much sturdier than our poor old broken one -- But that wouldn't honestly take much effort. The old one was really pretty pitiful. Now, my next mailbox project will be to get some letters and put our names on our mailbox.

Once the mailbox was repaired, I used Mom's trimmers to prune up the trees and shrubs in the yard. They were getting a little out of control. I hate pruning really. It takes you just a few minutes to have the yard COVERED in limbs, but it takes an hour to pick them all up. This was no different. Before I knew it, I had about five piles of limbs that needed hauled off. I used Tim's truck to get the job done. By the time that job was finished, I needed to head into the house and make some dinner for Tim to take to work. I also had some laundry that I was working on at Mom's so I made a quick trip up there to switch things from the washer to the dryer. I made chicken enchiladas for supper, and they were delicious! I sent some with Tim, and put the rest in the fridge for later. After Tim left, I went back outside to finish up the mowing. It only took me about an hour to mow the smaller half of the yard -- It took about 4 hours total, but that's not too bad for a pushmower. The most irritating part was that my mower decided to run out of gas with about 2 passes left to mow, which meant that I had to walk all the way back to the garage and get the gas can. Ugh! But, once the job was done, it was done. What a good feeling. And it didn't rain! Hooray!

After a quick shower, I was headed to Washington for a fish fry. One of the guys Tim works with makes a KILLER fish breading, and they had a bunch of Walleye and Perch that they were cooking up in honor of one of the guys who was leaving. Let me tell you, Glen makes some awesome fried fish. The best part of the whole get together was the cake. The guys had it decorated so that it said "So Long... You Dirty Son of a Bitch." Man, you can really feel the love in that group. I wound up staying until 1:00 in the morning, which was stupid, but I was really enjoying myself. After finally making it home, I think that I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

Because I had a late night, Tim and I decided to skip our run this morning, but we did watch a couple episodes of River Monsters (Which also happens to be what I am watching as I blog tonight). We both fell asleep before too long though. I actually didn't wake up again until after 11:00 this morning. Talk about lazy! I went outside to plant some flowers and work a little bit in the yard again. I also finished up my laundry. The only other thing I had planned for the evening was to do a two hour massage for one of my out-of-office regulars -- There aren't really that many out-of-office clients because I'm too booked up at the office, and it would wear me out to do too many massages. I headed through the shower (working in the yard is dirty work, ya know) then headed to Sue's house. Two hours later, and I had a nice check in my pocket as I headed home.

Now, I'm home. I'm watching River Monsters. And I'm just about ready for bed. Tim and I are going to run in the morning, and I don't have to be at work until 1:00. I need to run to the grocery store, so I might head to Odon in the morning to the Jay-C store. It's not as diverse as Wal-Mart, but it's closer, and I hate it much less. I should have a great week this week. My massage schedule is just about booked up already! I haven't heard much from Dwain this weekend, but I figure that he is just busy. I'm hoping to send him several more packages next week, and it would be AWESOME to hear his voice. Fingers crossed! I sure do miss him. Ok, headed to bed now. Morning will be here before I know it. Good night!!   :^)
Operation Saheeb -- One Month, One Week, Four Days

No comments:

Post a Comment