Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Anniversaries and Steak Tacos

What a weekend! Tim and I pretty were lazy for most of the weekend, but we had a great time! Saturday night, we went to the Four Seasons to listen to a couple guys Tim works with play in their band -- The Amber Lamps. They were good, and we had a blast. We didn't get home til 3:00 in the morning. Ugh, makes me realize that I'm not near as young as I used to be. It took all day Sunday to recuperate. Tim was nursing a bit of a hangover, so the most ambitious thing we did was make Mexican Chicken Casserole for supper. Lots of laziness in our house on Sunday, but sometimes you just need a lazy day to get you ready for Monday.

I asked Tim about the skull in the yard -- Yup, it's a beaver. Well, it was a beaver at one point. Now, it's just a jawbone and some big nasty, yellow teeth. I haven't got a clue where in the world Dixie found a beaver at -- We do live in the middle of several corn fields -- But she has been carrying it around the yard since Saturday.

Today, it was back to work. I don't really mind Monday's at the office because I only work a half day. I actually went in a little early today to work on Grandma Teddi (my schedule was already full, so I squeezed her in before my other clients) and to meet with Dr. Bowling and discuss ways to figure out how to even out the massage schedule. My schedule is usually very full, but the other therapist struggles to fill hers up sometimes. We just talked about ways to fix this problem. After our meeting, I had four hours of massage to complete a great Monday at work.  After work, I went to Jessica's house to eat with her, her husband Scott, and Sammie, who is Jessica's sister-in-law. She made Steak Tacos and they were DELICIOUS! Scott's margarita's weren't bad either. Finally, I made it home (I also stopped to visit with Grandma Ruth and pay the rent for this month). Dixie was not a happy camper; she had been in her kennel for almost 6 hours by the time I let her out. I think I might have to take her outside and throw some tennis balls so that she can burn off some steam. She is pretty wound up, and I'm just about ready for bed.

Three years ago today, I met the man who stole my heart. We have had a wonderful three years together, and I can't wait to see what our future holds. He is one of the best things about my life and I can't imagine what it would be like without him. I love you Tim! You are my rubber boots when life gets too deep. Thank you for all the little things you do to say "I love you." Happy Anniversary!!

According to my calculations (Just typing that phrase made me feel like a mad scientist -- hehe), tomorrow should be a pretty wonderful day. Tim is headed to the bank so that we can get the money lined up for his new truck. I have a full schedule in the afternoon and lots of stuff to work on in the morning. I do have to make a trip to Wal-Mart after work tomorrow and I'm dreading it on every level, but we are just about out of things to eat in our house. It should be an interesting day! Right now, I'm going to eat one more Caramel Delight (Girl Scout Cookies are one of the best things ever created), then I'm heading to bed. I have a date with the Sandman tonight -- Sorry Tim. I need my beauty sleep. Good night!  :^)

No comments:

Post a Comment