Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Never Work A Day in Your Life

Today has been a very wonderful day! One of those days that just make me love life. I braved the shower this morning -- The result? I have a faint bleach smell to my hair. Not very attractive, but that's what happens when you have crud in your well and you put bleach in there over the weekend to kill it. The bleach sat in there all weekend, but I had to take a shower this morning before work. I'm hoping that by tomorrow it will be better.

Work this morning was great. I spent the morning working on stuff at the front desk. I'm cleaning out the second filing cabinet drawer, but there are 19 to go through in all -- So, I'm going to be at this job for a while. The phone was ringing off the hook as well, which is very good for business and means that I stayed busy for the whole morning. I almost forgot to eat! We had a good, productive staff meeting after lunch, then I had four massages on the books for a busy afternoon as well. Time flew by and before I knew it, it was quitting time.

After work, I talked to Tim for a bit -- The radio room girls at the jail can probably predict my calls. We should be going to pick up the new truck tomorrow night when I get off work. Tim and I are both excited about it!!! When I finished chatting with Tim, I headed to Wal-Mart. I truly dread going there, but we were running a little low on edible things in the house. I needed to stock up on the essentials. I am getting better at grocery shopping finally. It's taken me a year, but I can go in there now and load up on enough food for about a month and only spend about $200. Not too shabby if you ask me -- And I think my opinion matters since this is my blog. It took me forever to get things unloaded and put away, but I managed. The fridge and the freezer are stocked up again. I even got some new things to try cooking. I'm gonna make Jessica's Steak Tacos for Tim on Thursday. I'm almost positive that they won't be as good, but I'll give it my best shot! You just can't beat Jessica's cooking!

There is clean laundry to fold up (I did three loads today), dishes running in the dishwasher (a never-ending job), and I need to run the vacuum, but they are going to have to wait until tomorrow. I'm beat and I have an early day tomorrow. 6:30 is going to come around pretty quick if I don't get to bed soon. I have a couple thoughts to share before I go to bed though. Thought Number 1: DWAIN IS GOING TO BE HOME IN 9 DAYS!!! Can't you tell that I'm excited?! There are countdowns going on every calendar that I have -- Even the scheduling book at work has one going on it! I can't even describe how much I have missed seeing and talking to him. Thought Number 2: I have a very good friend who was attacked and raped at VU two years ago. They have never found the S.O.B., but she has not given up her search for justice. Last night, her story was told on Fox 59 News out of Indianapolis in the hopes that it might help the police find her attacker. I would like to share a link to that story with you so that you know just how brave my friend really is. Share this with people you know, and we will eventually nail this sucker! I love you Brittany!

Click HERE for Brittany's Story

Tomorrow is going to be another great day. My massage schedule is booked up through next Tuesday -- How great is that? I sure do love being busy! Life is being good to me, and I am so thankful. The saying "Find something that you love doing, and you will never work a day in your life" applies to me in a very big way. I love my job and all of my people -- The ones I work on and the ones I work with. It is a great joy to get up and go to work every day. The rewards are incredible! Now, in order for me to do my best tomorrow, I need to head to bed -- Actually, I should have been there an hour ago. Good night! I hope your tomorrow is going to be as good as mine. Come on Dix, Chuck! Let's hit the hay!  :^D

No comments:

Post a Comment