Friday, February 4, 2011

What a Turd!

The last two days have been quite exhausting. Yesterday, I was at work for TEN hours straight! My morning was spent at the front desk. I gave the ferns a haircut, did the filing and laundry, made Blue Folders for our new patients, and created an insurance verification form for Jessica, among other things.

My co-workers at the office give me a hard time because I love to make signs and forms. I don't know why I enjoy it so much, but I think that if I ever went back to school it would be for some sort of graphic design thing. It just comes naturally for me and I love making things work on paper. I know it's weird, but -- In a sort of over-achiever way, I feel like its a good trait to have.

Before I knew it, it was time for lunch. In the past, I have left the office for my lunch hour and gone either to the park or ran errands. The cold weather makes this miserable though, so lately I have been staying at the office and eating my lunch there. I don't really mind too much -- My Kindle makes it very nice actually. After lunch, we had one of our two weekly staff meetings, where we talked about some of the important things that go on in our office. It's nice to have those meetings every week -- It keeps everyone on the same page as far as office policies and procedures are concerned. Yesterday, I had a full massage schedule in the afternoon. Four massages later, it was time to head for home (after helping Mary Sue close up the office). I'm so glad that Spring is almost here! Yesterday was the first day in forever that I made it home from work before it got completely dark outside. I love those days! Come on Spring! Hurry up!

Once I made it home, I got something quick for supper and settled onto the couch to watch a movie. Good Burger was on ABC Family and I can't resist watching that movie whenever it's on. So classic! I wound up falling asleep though so I didn't get anything posted last night -- Sorry, fire me! I put Dixie in her kennel and went to bed. We have been trying to kennel break her again, but it's going to be a long, slow process. She does fine at night though, so I slept like an angel.

This morning, my schedule at work was completely booked. On Fridays, I do massages in the morning then I'm done for the day. After a busy day at the massage table, I spent about an hour helping Jessica in the office. I do love that girl! She and I have become such good friends. At 2:00, I had an appointment to get my hair cut at Hair by Holly. She does such a great job on my hair! My ends really needed a trim, but they are nice and smooth now! Nothing like a great haircut to make your day!

My plans for the rest of the day?? I have no idea at all. Tim is sleeping right now, but I will wake him up in a little while. We are free for the weekend, so there is no limit to the number of things that we may get into. The limbs in the driveway need picked up (thanks to the ice this week, I think we have more trees laying on the ground than still standing), but they will probably stay on the ground until the weather warms up a little -- It's just too cold outside for anything but the most necessary tasks. Yes, coyote hunting qualifies as a necessary activity -- I'm hoping to get rid of a few coyotes this weekend. There are just too many of them out there.

Dwain is going to have a great weekend -- he won't have any cell signal this weekend, because he is going to be PARACHUTING! What a turd! HOW COOL IS THAT? I'm a little jealous, I think. Not sure that I would like parachuting, but it would be fun to try one time. Maybe, someday I will be brave enough.

I think that this post is long enough. I am rambling now, and I need to do something more productive that stare at a computer screen. Until next time...   :^D

1 comment:

  1. I have a similar love for creating forms. More than once in my office I've been handed a hard copy form and asked to recreate it EXACTLY in Word so they can type on it. I always feel so accomplished when I'm finished!

    ReplyDelete