Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pepé Le Pew: 1 -- Dixie: 0

What a day! What a day! WHAT. A. DAY! The last 24 hours have been sooo crazy! A whirlwind if I ever saw one.

Last night, not even 10 minutes after I finished up my post for the evening, we headed to bed. Only problem was that when we let Dixie out to pee one last time, she got sprayed by a skunk (at 11:30 at night -- fantastic)! I opened the door to let her in and by the time I realized what I was smelling, she had already dive-bombed the carpet and the side of the couch! I yelled at Tim to grab her QUICK! We headed straight to the bathtub. I started soaping her up ASAP --You gotta love it that you can tell her to "load up" and she will jump in the tub to get a bath, even though she doesn't really like them at all (she kinda hates baths actually). Tim did such a great job training her. Too bad it's next to impossible to give a waterproof dog a bath. Pretty frustrating actually.

Eventually, we were able to get most of the skunky smell out (baking soda, peroxide, and vinegar are wonderful things), but her face still smells a little ripe and the house is pretty stinky. I have all the windows open in the house now and it is GLORIOUS! Thank the Lord that she didn't get sprayed 2 weeks ago when it was still cold out. We would have been up a creek without being able to open the windows. The smell will probably hang around a couple days anyway. Poor Dixie. I would bet a week's paycheck that she thought it was Chuck out in the field and went to run him down like she usually does. She wouldn't have known what hit her. I sure hope she learned her lesson though; I don't really want to have another night like last night. I didn't get to sleep until after 1:00 am. Five and a half hours of sleep is just not enough. The irony of the whole thing is that I had just changed my status on Facebook to "What a wonderful evening with Tim." Turned out to be a not so great evening -- Yup, that's the definition of ironic. Oh well, what's another adventure?

Work was fantastic today! I worked at the front desk this morning, then had a FULL schedule in the afternoon. I got to work on some of my favorite people today. Henry brought me a Marine Corps "Devil Dog" flag to give to Momma. He thought that she needed to have one hanging in her yard. I agree completely. He is such a great client -- He always brightens my day! Five Massages Later: Sammie and I went to The Great Wall for some YUMMY Chinese food. So much for trying to eat healthier, huh? I took some take out to Tim for dinner at work. He said he was starving, so I  provided dinner for him.

Now, I really need to go to sleep so that I'm not completely dragging butt tomorrow. I have big plans for my morning at the front desk (no patients in the morning means that I get to work on my own terms -- I sure do love Tuesdays and Thursdays -- I get soo much accomplished). Tomorrow will be my last day at work this week, Tim and I have big plans for the weekend so I am taking Friday off! Everyone needs a day off every once in a while. I'm going to try to bleach the well again tomorrow night -- It's a big project, but I want to fix our water problem. Fingers crossed that it will work!
Okay, Dixie, Chuck, Let's go to bed! Last one there is a rotten egg!  :^D

No comments:

Post a Comment