Saturday, February 19, 2011

Tim bought a New Truck!

Whew, I have been a slacker lately, haven't I? No posts since Wednesday? Not good. I have been beyond busy though -- Busy in a good way, but very busy any way you look at it.

So, I need to bring you up to speed. Thursday was a very typical Thursday at the office. I worked at the front desk all morning. Cleaning out the filing cabinet is going to be quite a large undertaking, but I will prevail! We had a staff meeting at 1:00, then I had a full massage schedule in the afternoon. After work is where the craziness began. Grandma Ruth and Grandpa Marvin helped me put bleach in the well to try to kill the algae that is growing in there and causing our water to be orange-tinted. I was late getting away from work, so we had to do it in the dark. I had picked up 5 jugs of bleach at Wal-Mart (ugh, worst place in the world) on my lunch break. We got the bleach in the well, which is not the easiest thing to do (It KILLS my knees to crawl in there, but I had the youngest knees out of the three of us, so I volunteered to do it). Next, we had to run water in the house to get the bleach water up through the plumbing. This took for-ev-er! We finally gave up and left it running while we went to eat supper. After supper, we went back down and wrapped things up for the night. "Thank you Grandma for doing a load of my laundry while we ate. I really appreciate it!"

Now, I had to pack. Tim and I were going to go to the National Wild Turkey Federation Convention in Nashville, TN for the weekend with his parents and his two uncles and their families. I had not even started getting stuff ready for that. I had no idea what I was going to wear or what I was going to pack for Tim to wear. After finally getting all that stuff together, I went to bed, but it was already after 1:00 am, so I wasn't going to get much sleep before Tim got home at 6:30 and we had to start getting ready to leave.

However, Tim and I talked once he finally got home and decided that it would be better if we just stayed home. He has been battling an upper respiratory and sinus infection for about two weeks now. He was feeling pretty awful again yesterday morning, and we thought it would be better for everyone if we just stayed home. Together, Tim's uncles have 5 kids under 3 years old that were going on the trip too, and Tim doesn't have any business being around them and possibly getting them sick. It kinda sucked to not go to the show, because it's always really neat and fun, but I have been the last two years and Tim has been for pretty much the last decade. The show always has some new stuff, but it is basically the same every year. In a nutshell, we decided that it would be worth it to just stay home and rest so he can get better and to save our money.

So the plan for yesterday changed a bit, but we still had a GREAT day. Tim has been looking for a new truck for a while now and he finally found one he liked on Craigslist. I called the number yesterday and we set up a time for that afternoon to go look at it (in Evansville). Turns out the guy who owned it works for the Vanderburgh County Sheriff's Dept, which meant that he and Tim had quite a bit in common. It was an awesome little truck! It's a 1998 Ford Ranger Extended Cab, 4 x 4 with a 4.0 L V6. Cleanest truck I have ever seen; I bet it's never been on a gravel road. It only had 92,000 miles on it too, which was the best part. The guy had only driven it a few miles back and forth to USI, and it had been sitting in the garage for the last year. The only things that we found wrong with it were that it needs new brakes and there are a couple tiny scratches in the paint. We knew that this truck had to go home with us. Tim talked the guy down a bit in price, and we are now the new owners of a Ford Ranger. We have to get to the bank sometime today and get that stuff figured out, but we are hoping to pick it up and bring it home very soon. Tim and I are both very happy!

After leaving Evansville, we stopped at Tim's friend Travis's house in Elberfeld to let the dogs out to pee. We were babysitting Annie for Mom while they went to the Farm Show Tractor Pull in Louisville. Finally, after chatting a bit and catching up, we were headed home. I had to feed Mom's bottle babies for her last night, and the dogs were a little hungry too. We had lasagna and cheesy bread for supper, which is easy to cook and always yummy. I fell asleep while watching TV with Tim though, so we went to bed. It turned out to be a very good day. We are glad that we didn't go to the Turkey Convention, because we wouldn't have been able to get that truck -- and it was just too good to pass up.

Now, it's Saturday morning. I really need to get Tim up and get to the bank so we can get the loan for his truck. He didn't sleep well last night though, so I will let him sleep a while longer. Chances are the bank won't be able to do much til next week anyway. There is some kind of dead animal skull in the yard that I just found while letting Dixie out for the morning. I haven't got a clue how it got there, but I swear, it looks like a beaver! More than likely it's a groundhog or something, but the big front teeth really threw me off. Who knows?? Chuck is laying on my lap trying to get my fingers while I'm typing -- Obnoxious feline! I think I'm going to watch a movie while Tim is sleeping. It kind of makes me mad that my brain still wants to get up early on the weekends, because it would be nice to sleep in every once in a while, but I do get more done this way. I think that the plan for the day is to work around the house a while (there are still limbs in the yard), then we are going to the Four Seasons tonight for some music and beer. Should turn out to be a productive day with a good finish. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.   :^)

No comments:

Post a Comment