Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Over-Grown Rodent Predicting the Weather Day

It's late and I'm tired -- That means that this post will be short and sweet.

Today was a very good day! I got to the office this morning at 8:00 and took care of the front desk til noon. After lunch, I had 5 massages to do. Talk about a busy day. Simple, but very satisfying. I love my work!

In the words of one of my beloved friends, the weather was craptastic today. This translates to "It snowed." Big, beautiful snowflakes fell all day today. They never really added up to much, but it was colder than a well digger's ass on account of the wind. I like to call it a "lazy wind", because it's too lazy to go around you, so it just goes through you. Brr! The temp is supposed to get down to 12 degrees tonight!

Today was Over-Grown Rodent Predicting the Weather Day, otherwise known as Groundhog Day. Why in the world we rely on an oversized rodent to predict the arrival of Spring, I have no idea. Actually, it's some pagan holiday thing, but it makes no sense to me. This year is one of only 16 times in the 125 year history of Groundhog Day that the groundhog says Spring is coming early -- You're not going to hear me knocking him too much though; I'm ready for April. Someone even told me that they had seen robins already! Spring must be just around the corner, which is a good thing considering the Winter we have had.

I can't think of much else to write about tonight. I'm sure there is more, but I am having a brain-fart about it right now. I'm hoping to hear from Dwain sometime tonight -- That would be a nice ending to the day! For now, I'm headed to bed. I'm still playing catch-up from when I was sick and I just can't seem to get enough sleep. Good night! Sand Man, here I come!   :^)

No comments:

Post a Comment