Saturday, February 26, 2011

The World Needs More Parents Like Mine

I apologize for not posting the last couple days. It takes about an hour or so to do a good day justice, and I usually get caught up doing stuff with Tim when he isn't working. We are busy people, what can I say? I will try to do better in the future. I'm going to set a goal for myself to post something EVERY day in March -- Maybe I will reward myself if I am successful. Sounds like a great plan to me!

My last post was Tuesday night, so I will do my best to catch you up from there. Wednesday was extremely busy. There weren't that many patients in the office in the morning (Dr. Bowling was sick and stayed home), so I worked on my filing cabinet project -- I now have two of nineteen drawers done. Woo Hoo! Hooray for small victories. Lunch was nice and peaceful. I read for a bit on my Kindle while I ate my chicken salad sandwich. Then I had 5 hours of massages in the afternoon. Honestly, I don't think I have been that worn out from massages before. They were all deep tissue and full body massages so I didn't get to use my elbows as much as I usually do (it helps save my thumbs) and my hands were pretty sore by the end of the day.

Wednesday was also the day that Tim and I were going to pick up his Ranger. Mom ran him to Washington after work so that we didn't have an extra vehicle to mess with. We took Dixie with us (she loves to ride) and made it a family affair (minus Chuck; sorry buddy). The new truck is very nice. It has now been on a gravel road and even has some mud on it -- I think that Tim is fighting a losing battle to keep it clean.  nbhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  That little spaz out of the keyboard was from Chuck jumping onto the laptop -- Sorry about that. Ok, so the trip to Evansville was good. We got the truck no problem and I followed Tim home (we forgot the license plate at the house and wanted to make it harder for him to get pulled over, so I basically tailgated him the whole way home). By the time we got home, I was ready to crash. We stayed up to watch the new episode of Justified, then went to bed. Tim hasn't been sleeping very well at night, so he didn't stay in bed long, but I was asleep within minutes. I had two more days of work before the weekend, and I really needed some ZZZ's.

Thursday started out pretty awful. I didn't wash my hair on Wednesday because of the bleach lingering in the water, so I was really, really looking forward to a shower on Thursday morning. Unfortunately, our hot water heater has something wrong with it and the hot water ran out halfway through my shower. I had a head full of shampoo, and no hot water to rinse it out with, which meant that I had to use the cold water. On top of the cold shower, Dixie somehow managed to get the beaver skull in the house and I had bone fragments and beaver teeth to clean up before work. Not the best start to a morning by any means, but at least it wasn't boring. My morning at the office was good. I worked some more on the filing cabinets and washed a ton of sheets. The ferns even got a haircut (they are looking much better now that we aren't over-watering them). We had a staff meeting after lunch, then I had three massages in the afternoon. It was actually kind of nice to not have a full schedule. After work, Tim and I made steak tacos for dinner. They were pretty yummy if I do say so myself. After watching a Netflix movie, we went to bed early again. It was good to get some decent sleep, though the storm kept waking me up. The rain is actually really peaceful (except when it's leaking through the ventilator in the bedroom), but the wind was rattling the windows in their panes. I woke up a couple times and thought the house was going to blow away. Just like The Wizard of Oz!

One of the things that Tim did Thursday was check his trail camera. He had set it up on a couple dead geese at the Good Place, which is across the road from Mom and Dad's. He wanted to see what came along looking for an easy meal. Here are some of the more interesting pictures we had. There were over 200 total, but most of them were of the limb moving in front of the camera.

Coyotes are his main target -- That big male (black tipped tail, front and center) has been giving him fits for a while now, but his days are numbered

 A Red Fox decided to see what all the fuss was about

Hey, Raccoons have to eat too!

Today (Finally Friday!), I skipped out on a shower again, because my first massage was scheduled at 8:00 and I didn't want to bother Mom and Dad that early in the morning and I for dang sure wasn't going to intentionally take another cold one. I actually got to sleep in an extra half hour because I didn't take a shower, which was kinda nice. Turns out, my 8:00 was a no-show (I was really bummed that I didn't get that extra hour of sleep; that would have been beyond wonderful), but I did get quite a bit done in the office before Carmin came in at 9:00. The rest of my clients kept their appointments and were fairly routine. Nothing major or drastic. I was out of the office by 1:00 and headed home for the weekend.

By the time I made it home from work today, my stomach was rubbing a blister on my backbone, so I grabbed a bite for lunch. I took a little nap, then it was back to the car to head to a volleyball open gym up at the high school. Coach Burkhart asked me to come in and help the girls with blocking and hitting. I miss volleyball very, very much. I would love to coach, but I can't take off work to be at practices. After school appointments are our busiest ones at the office. Someday though, I will have my own business and will be able to take the time to coach. For now, I'll just help out when I can -- It's also an excuse to get some playing in and I can't turn that down. I had a blast, even though there were only two girls there. Hopefully next time, more girls will be able to make it and we can do some scrimmaging.

It's now Friday evening, and you can find me sitting on the couch with Dixie and Chuck, watching a show on History International about the Minotaur in Ancient Crete. I ran up to Mom and Dad's a while ago to take a shower. We still haven't got the hot water heater figured out. Grandma and Grandpa (who are also our landlords) changed one of the elements in it thinking that was the problem, but we still don't have hot water. It's lukewarm, but not hot, so we are going to try replacing the other element tomorrow and I'm praying that fixes it. I would really like to take a shower in my own house. I feel like I'm a college freshman who has to go down the hallway to take a shower. I know Mom and Dad don't care if we use their shower, but it's such a hassle. Fingers crossed that the problem is solved tomorrow.

I think it's time for bed now. I have a big day planned for tomorrow. I'm playing in a volleyball tournament at the Simon J. Graber Building at 9:00 am. I CAN'T WAIT for that! It should be really, really fun! Hopefully, I will be done with that in time to go to Jessica's Stella & Dot Party at 2:00. I think that good food, pretty jewelry, and margarita's will be an amazing way to spend a couple hours of the afternoon. Other than that though, I don't think we have big plans for this weekend. Just going to have to wing it and see what we can get into!

Dad started reading my blog tonight (Mom got him a laptop for Valentine's Day and he is working on figuring it out), and I would just like to say "I love you Pop! I am so very lucky to have a dad like you! You and Mom taught me well and made me into who I am today. I sure can't complain. You must have done something right, because life seems to be treating me pretty well. I am so blessed to have you always watching out for me. Thank you so much for being wonderful parents! I love you both more than you can imagine! I want you to be proud to call me your daughter, because I am proud to call you my parents! The world needs more parents like you!"  :^)

No comments:

Post a Comment