Monday, January 24, 2011

The Best Things in Life

This weekend was a great one! I didn't get any blogging done, but I had a very fun, relaxing weekend. Just what I needed!

Friday, I didn't go to work (Thank You Mother Nature), but Mom and I spent all afternoon running errands. I sure do love spending time with her. We don't get to visit near as much as we used to, so it's really nice when we do get to spend some time just being girls. We went to Odon then Washington then Vincennes then headed back home with a pit stop in Freelandville (Needed to pick up some Goat Milk Replacer for the hungry babies). It was great to spend the day just catching up with one of my best friends.

Friday night, Tim and I headed South to Warrick County. I crashed out almost immediately after getting there, but Tim went coyote hunting with one of his friends. It's a lot of fun to go, but it was just too dang cold that night for me. I'm a weeny when it comes to the cold.

Sleeping in on Saturday mornings is one of the best things in life. Everyone should be able to do it -- the world would be a better place. After lunch, I caught up on some reading then took a little nap. Naps are also pretty high up on the "Best Things in Life" list. Tim headed out again Saturday night to get ready for some duck hunting Sunday morning (which was the last day of duck season). They had decoys to get set, ice to break up (How fun does that sound?), and other stuff to get ready for Sunday. Dixie didn't get to go with them this time on account of the ice. It would be a bad deal if she fell through trying to retrieve a duck, so Miss Whiny Butt and I stayed home and watched The Sorcerer's Apprentice. I do love Nicholas Cage -- He gets in touch with his nerdy, inner child in this movie. Who doesn't enjoy pretending to be a powerful sorcerer that saves the world from the evil dark forces?

Sunday, the laziest of all days -- But my favorite day of the week. Slept in again and caught up on some reading. A Law and Order: SVU marathon kept me occupied for most of the day. One of the best shows on television. Finally LATE last night (Tim did some more coyote hunting last night before we left) we were homeward bound at last. There was a little bit of fresh snow on the ground, but not enough to make driving difficult. Tim and I talked the whole way home to keep from getting sleepy -- I think we only met two other cars the whole way home. Chuck might have possibly had a coronary when we walked in the door -- He MISSED us, like "OH MY GOD you left me here for TWO WHOLE DAYS by MYSELF" missed us! He was really excited to see us. Poor little guy. I always imagine him hiding behind the couch for hours while we are gone, waiting on someone to walk by so he can pounce on them.

Now, it's Monday and it's back to work at 2:00. I need to head through the shower soon, but it has been nice to sleep in again and take it easy this morning. I have a fairly full schedule this afternoon so that should keep me busy at the office. It will be nice to see Jessica and Sammie and everyone that I have missed over the long weekend (Again, Thank You Mother Nature). I'm pretty excited to wear one of my new polo shirts to work today -- I feel like today is a day for Hot Pink! Yes, I know, I'm a dork!   :^)

No comments:

Post a Comment