Friday, January 14, 2011

TGIF, Eh Buddy?

I think that Friday is my favorite day of the work week -- Not only because it is the last one of the week, though that helps -- I love Fridays because: It is Jean Day at the office and who doesn't love wearing jeans to work, I only do massages in the morning on Fridays and I am usually home by 3:00 at the latest, Friday is the day that I go to St. Vincent de Paul (I dearly love that place and their super low prices), and Friday is the day before Saturday, which means that the weekend is HERE!

Now, don't get me wrong, doing 5 hours of massage, back to back, in one day is pretty dang tiring -- But I dearly, dearly love my profession, and I look forward to seeing my people (this is what I call my clients; they are "my people") each and every day. Today, like most days, was one of those days that just makes me love being a massage therapist!

One of my favorite people from work is a man named Carmin. Carmin is your typical, gruff, grouchy old man. He is 78-ish years old, served in the Korean War, is annoyed by (but loves) his family, and just generally expresses how he feels without a care to who he might offend. Carmin was one of my first patients when I started working for Dr. Bowling almost 2 years ago. He doesn't like chiropractors, but had seen Dr. Bowling's ad in the newspaper and thought that a massage might help his back pain. He has become the definition of a "regular" coming in the same day every week at the same time. Carmin and I have some great conversations about everything from politics to his hatred and constant war with the neighbor lady's cats to the fact that he hates being diabetic because he loves eating sweets. You just can't help but love him and his grouchiness! Seeing Carmin every Friday is one of the highlights of my week.

(Ok, back to writing again. The Super Mutt needed a potty/tennis ball break, which inevitably turned into Mommy chasing Dixie all over the yard for 20 minutes trying to get the tennis ball back so that I could throw it in another snow drift. Great, great fun! Oh, how I love my puppy!)

After leaving work this afternoon (Thank you Dr. Pete for the adjustment; I really needed it), I made my planned trip to St. Vinnie's to get sweatshirts for Mom's "Coats for Kids" project. I found several that were pretty god awful, but they will make great coats and they only cost me $1.00 apiece! Can't argue with that price, huh? I also picked up several things to sell on eBay. This is a little side business of mine. Mostly, I sell new or nearly new brand name clothes and books on eBay that I find at St. Vinnie's to make a little extra money on the side. It's not extremely profitable, but it gives me something to do on the weekends that Tim works and I find it fun in a reverse "retail therapy" sort of way.

Finally, I was homeward bound -- Ready for a relaxing weekend! My only goals for this weekend are to do the bare essentials as far as cleaning and housework, maybe get some sewing done, and spend a lot of time reading on my Kindle (I'm reading a book called Outlander by Diana Gabaldon -- It's a historical romance set in 18th century Scotland, 900-ish pages long, and impossible to put down; I may read all night!) Other than that, I have no big plans, but who knows what kind of shenanigans I may get into.

Right now? -- A Criminal Minds marathon has captivated my attention (Reed is my favorite nerd). I really need to unload the dishwasher, but the walk into the kitchen just looks entirely too daunting. I think it can wait until tomorrow. I feel like relaxing after a satisfying day. My plan is to have French Toast and eggs ready bright and early for Tim's breakfast when he gets home from work in the morning. Wish me luck! It's pretty unnatural to get up that early on a Saturday morning and my brain and body tend to rebel against my plans.

Dixie and Chuck are in their usual "evening" spots. Dixie is curled up on the floor with her head on my feet; Chuck is laying on the stack of extra blankets we keep in our chilly living room (I think of The Princess and the Pea, but it's his favorite spot, so obviously he is smarter than I give him credit for -- Nah, he is just being lazy). My plan for the rest of the evening is to do nothing more productive than tackle that book -- Better get started on it! Night!  :^D

My final thought before ending this post -- I LOVE YOU SAHEEB! Your sister misses you!

1 comment:

  1. Romance novels have the best dialogue! What else do ya need to read? LOL

    ReplyDelete