Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dixie, Get the Cat!

My day is complete! And what a GREAT day it was!

Typical Wednesday at the office. I worked the front desk in the morning and got to interact with some of my favorite people. Over my lunch break, I had to run a couple errands (Dog food is an essential -- Just ask Dixie, who graduated from Puppy Chow to Large Breed Adult Food today. My little girl is officially all grown up). My afternoon was supposed to be filled with massages, but a couple cancellations and a no show meant that I was working on Care to Share cards for a couple hours (It's a promotional thing we do twice a year. Do you know how long it takes to put address labels on 3000 postcards? -- And we do three sets!)

I did get to see Henry today though, and that is always a highlight of my day! Henry is a very special client. Like Dwain, he is a Marine, and he fought in Vietnam. When Dwain was home over Christmas, Henry brought me his Marine Corps emblem pin that he had worn while fighting in Vietnam to give to Dwain. He said that it had kept him safe in Vietnam and he wanted Dwain to have it to keep him safe in Afghanistan. Never have I been so humbled. Needless to say, Henry got a very tearful hug and a special place in my heart. I will never forget his gift. Today, we had a very interesting conversation about the family of squirrels that are eating all his birdseed, and about how much his little dog HATES them. He evidently thinks it is great fun to pit a Shitzu against a bunch of hungry squirrels, but I guess if you are retired and your wife is not, you have to have some way to occupy your days. This is exactly why Henry is one of my favorite clients!

After work, it was time for Chinese food with my bestest friend Sammie. Just what I needed after a long day! There is nothing in this world better than eating as much Sesame Chicken and Crab Rangoon as we can while contemplating the finer points in life. I dearly love spending time with my Sammie, and I am already looking forward to the next outing! I'm thinking we need some Mi Pueblo next -- I feel like a Margarita is in order!

I had originally planned on going to Wally World after work, but decided that the idea was too traumatic to consider. This just means that I will have to go tomorrow, but that sounded a lot more appealing at that moment. Instead, I made a trip to Mom's to deliver dog food and pick up some laundry that I had left there (the Doof cat -- which is the only cat Dad has ever named -- decided that my clothes, which were still in the dryer, were a good thing to sleep on. Mom closed the door and started the dryer for a few seconds. She only made a half turn or so, but I have NEVER seen a cat move that fast!)

The ending to my perfect day was completed when I found a package from Old Navy waiting for me in the mailbox. I wear khakis and a polo to work every day (it's extremely comfortable, but still looks professional -- Ideal for a Massage Therapist), and I have developed a bit of a "polo addiction". Today, I added 4 more polos to my collection -- Papaya, Hot Pink, Bright Green, and Dark Charcoal. This brings me up to more than 10 polos. I now have all the available colors in my size from Old Navy except White, which would not stand a chance of staying clean and would be a waste of money. I love my polos and cannot wait to wear my new ones to work! Like I said, it's an addiction, but I love color and it makes me happy to add variety to the color spectrum of my work uniforms (AND I get to take the deduction off my taxes -- hehehe). It's just one of the reasons that I love going to work everyday!

Now, it's getting late and my body is telling me that I need to get some shut-eye. I think that I will listen to that advice. Time for a few minutes of reading, then bed and hopefully a good night's sleep (aided by my trusty Melatonin) in preparation for a snowy day tomorrow. The weather man is predicting 3 to 6 inches by tomorrow night. I would hate to be a weather man -- If you are right about the weather, people call you lucky. If you get it wrong, they hate you. That doesn't sound like a very rewarding job.   :^)

Note to self: Do not tell Dixie to "Get the Cat" -- Poor little guy didn't know what hit him. Evidently, "Get the Cat" means chase the cat through the house and pounce on him when you catch him. SQUASH! Talk about getting run over by a truck! I think he may be laying low for a while.

1 comment:

  1. it was SECONDS in the dryer...not MINUTES! Didn't even make one complete revolution!

    But as your Padre would say--any story worth retelling is worth embellishing...

    <3 you!

    ReplyDelete