Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Talk About a Learning Curve...

Well, Here It Is!

The first post of my blog. Never in a million years did I think that I would be the blogging type, but I do love sharing the craziness of my life, so on the advice of my dear friend Sammie (I didn't really need much convincing), I have created a blog.

This was actually a much more difficult thing to do than I imagined, though it was probably made worse by my total OCD-ness. Not only could I not just use one of the handy-dandy templates they provided, I had to go to the "Advanced Settings" and completely bury myself in "blogness." I'm talking colors flying, backgrounds everywhere, can't even decide on a font... stupidity.

So, my purpose in blogging is simply to share the things that happen during my day. These things can be inspiring, uplifting, exciting, HILARIOUS, or just bordering on insanity, but I promise you that they will never be boring. I will try to post something daily, but I'm not making any promises or guarantees. I envision a sort of journal, a basic re-telling of the things that make up my day.

I have to warn you, however, that most of my life revolves around work and managing the home I share with Tim, who I like to call my "House Spouse." Unfortunately, Tim will probably think this blog is a complete waste of time and will not be posting. Have no fear, he WILL be contributing in the form of "subject matter."

WORK BACKGROUND: I am employed at Bowling Chiropractic Center in Washington. Dr. Frank Bowling is one cool boss. My co-workers (Samantha, Jessica, Dr. Pete, Mary Sue, and Randi) are the best in the world. Not only do I get to see them everyday, but I WANT to see them everyday. I can't imagine working anywhere else. I work as a massage therapist and chiropractic assistant, which basically means that I was hired to do massages and it evolved into a Jack of all Trades, I can do just about anything, kind of job. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my job! I am one of the lucky few who looks forward to going to work everyday, well, maybe not everyday. We all need a day off every once in a while.

HOME BACKGROUND: Tim and I live in a small farmhouse totally surrounded on all 4 sides by corn fields (or bean fields; this year it was corn, man was that hot). We have a Black Lab named Dixie who we rescued/adopted last year in January. She is a house/hunting dog who has got both of us wrapped around her little finger... well, I guess that should be paw. She is a whiny, hyper, crazy, lazy, WONDERFUL dog. I can't imagine the house without her. Our other "dependent" is a black and white cat we call Chuck. This name comes from Chuck Norris, because he is a "king fu cat." Chuck, or Chuckers as I call him, is 100%, hands down, the WEIRDEST cat I have ever known, but that is another story. Lets just say that he is... interesting... yeah, that about sums it up. I love my little family. Someday, it will grow, but WE ARE NOT READY FOR THAT YET!!!

Well, I suppose this is the longest post that I will have... I sure hope so. This is going to be hard if I write a book every day. I will attempt to keep the rambling to a minimum

Run-on's and sentence fragments be damned, I will write this blog how I want to. Please don't be offended if my grammar is not proper. It's not a priority lol. I WILL try to have everything spelled correctly because that is a pet peeve of mine (again with the OCD-ness).

So, I guess this is goodnight! I am off to find something edible for supper, preferably something I don't have to cook cause that's way too much effort for just one person (forgot to mention, Tim works nights on a rotating schedule, so predicting life is sorta a lost cause.)

On a side note: Today was a very good day. I will sum it up in as few words as possible just to keep you up to speed -- ready, go! --- Woke up to 4 inches of blowing snow (should have skied to work, it would have been more efficient.) Very productive morning at the Front Desk. Lunch at the office (too cold to sit in my car.) Five massages in the afternoon = Woo Hoo!! Finally done, time to ski back home. Someone killed our mailbox. RIP Small Black Box of the USPS. Created Blog. Da-Da-Dada!! I think that gets everything important -- don't want to burn myself out on the first day.

OK --- GOODNIGHT!!! (Holy smokes, I got carried away today, this is ridiculous lol)

2 comments:

  1. I love you and I love this idea!!!!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. A agree with Sam! I'll be looking forward to the continuing saga of Tim, Glenna, Dixie and Chuck! <3 Mom

    ReplyDelete