Sunday, January 30, 2011

On the Mend

Hooray for feeling better! My fever and the worst of the coughs and aches are gone. I am only a little congested in my sinuses now and coughing every once in a while. My energy is better -- because my appetite came back with a vengeance today, and I ate most of the food in the fridge -- and I even got a couple loads of laundry done! YAY!! My schedule at work tomorrow is pretty slow, so that gives me a little extra time to recover. Just what I needed.

The Blue Collar Comedy Tour is on right now!! Laughing your butt off is the best medicine for when you are feeling icky. I'm set for the night. I am going to watch Seraphim Falls at 8:00 tonight (Never seen it, but it was on our Netflix list, so I'm excited). That gives me time to clean up supper stuff and get a shower -- Then I will not be moving the rest of the night. I am really craving some cheesecake right now, so maybe I will throw one together. I haven't felt good or eaten much in 4 days -- Bought time I got my appetite back.

We talked to Dwain yesterday. We haven't heard from him in several days because he doesn't have good cell phone service -- He has to go a mile and a half up a mountain before he gets service. He evidently borrowed a phone from someone to call us on. He has been really, really busy in California. They are doing lots of training exercises to get ready for Afghanistan (He says he is leaving the first week of April). He is headed back to North Carolina sometime at the end of this month, so we will be talking much more then. Mom, Dad, and I are going to go visit him sometime in March before he deploys -- I'm not sure when, but I am EXCITED! I sure do miss that munchkin! I know, I know, he isn't much of a munchkin anymore, but he will always be the same skinny little blond brother I loved growing up. He is all grown up now -- so am I for that matter -- and I have never been more proud of him. Two more years and he will be home for good! YES! I love you Dwain! Your sister misses you!

Time to wrap it up for the night. Hopefully, tomorrow, I will have something a little more interesting to write about than being sick. I'm looking forward to a hot shower and some cheesecake tonight. I might even read a little bit tonight -- It's been ages! Just didn't feel like reading when I was sick -- But, I'm on the mend now! Lookout world! I'm back!  :^)

No comments:

Post a Comment