Monday, January 17, 2011

Waldo -- Injured in the Line of Duty

Today, I solved the mystery of the death of our mailbox -- It was me, and I am the world's most un-observant driver. Evidently, you can back up and hit something and not even realize it -- Who Knew?!? As I was leaving work this evening, I walked around the back of my car and noticed that my brake light was busted out and that there is a pretty good dent in the corner of the quarter panel on the left side. I must have bumped the mailbox last week without realizing it. In my defense, the road was icy and I am TERRIBLE at backing up (obviously). So not only do I feel stupid, but in addition to fixing the mailbox, I now have to get some body work done to Waldo (My car's name is Waldo -- Don't ask, it just fits). I suppose my car could have been hit by someone or something else, but it's not very likely (the brake lights and the dent is mailbox height). Tim, who is sleeping at the moment, will probably laugh at me for WEEKS, but I sorta deserve it. This just about sums up the story of my life -- Definitely, not boring!

I had a full schedule at work today, and even found time to work on Sammie a little before heading home -- She really needed it. Now that I'm home, I need to get something figured out for supper. We may just be eating leftovers, because the fridge needs cleaned out a bit -- The idea of not cooking is also extremely appealing.

Mom had goat kids coming left and right today. I took some pictures last night while I was up there, but didn't have my camera to upload them -- It went to work with Tim instead. I'm sure that there will be more pictures in the future, but here are the most recent ones I have to offer.

We put them in little pens to allow the mothers to familiarize themselves with their babies and to keep the babies warmer in the barn. They each have their own little pen, which is called a "jug", and their own heat lamp. We have LOTS of little pens. They usually leave the jugs after 2 or 3 days.

These are the three buck kids that were orphaned when we lost Clementine. All three weighed over 10 pounds! Normal baby size is about 6 or 7 pounds. These three boys are destined to become completely spoiled rotten because they will have to be raised on a bottle. They are just a little over a day old in this picture.


These are Annie's babies. They are about one day old. You can already see that baby goats are extremely BOUNCY. Wait til they are about two weeks old -- No one is safe! They are like furry little ping-pong balls. 

I think that I will wrap this one up for the night. I'm starving and if I don't wake Tim up soon he will be up all night. Goodnight!! Ready for a great day tomorrow!   :^)

2 comments:

  1. You're the greatest ever!!!! I love you and that video was TOOOOO cute!!!!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing your blog. I feel like I am there seeing your world. It makes me miss you, Tim, Dixie and Chuck. Grandma

    ReplyDelete