Saturday, January 29, 2011

Blah, blah, blah

I think my cat may be part dog -- He is chasing his tail all over the living room. It's one of his favorite things. He flips and jumps and spins, but he never can seem to catch it! I think he might have a couple of his wires switched around -- Or he might just have a short in his circuits. Someone call an electrician!

Today has been pretty uneventful. I am still nursing the flu, which means that I have not really left the couch at all today except to let Dixie out and to get something to eat. I did get motivated this afternoon and mustered up the energy to take a shower -- This was the best thing I did all day, the hot water felt AWESOME! I bet I was in there almost an hour, but I couldn't make myself get out. Other than that my day has consisted mostly of movies on FX -- Kung Fu Panda, Hellboy II, Ghost Rider, and currently Iron Man (in that order). I have my little nest on the couch made, sweat pants on, a bottle of Gatorade sitting next to me, and Dixie and Chuck to keep me company. I hate being sick, but it does give you time to catch up on rest and relaxation -- Now, if I could only get rid of this congestion and cough.

Dixie is recovering from her surgery very nicely. She was really uncomfortable last night though. She couldn't settle on someplace to land for the night, and her cries just about tore out my heart. She is definitely taking it easy today -- She and Tim slept together for most of the day, he even had his arm thrown over her. I don't know how he manages night shifts. I am positive that it would kill me.

Dixie and Chuck have migrated to the couch (probably for the evening), which is where I will be as well. I sure hope to feel better by tomorrow -- I'm optimistic based on the fact that I feel better today than I did yesterday. Tomorrow, though, I have GOT to tackle some laundry if I want to have any clothes to wear. Blah, blah, blah, I hate laundry. Maybe I will get lucky and it will wash itself -- A girl can dream right!  :^)

No comments:

Post a Comment