Friday, January 28, 2011

Misery Loves Company

I hate to say it, but its been a sorta crappy last two days. Sorry for not posting anything last night, I have been sick the last two days (not feeling any better yet) so last night when I finally got home from work, I went straight to bed -- Like do not pass GO, Do not collect 200 dollars, GO STRAIGHT TO BED. I was exhausted, achy all over, and nursing a fever. Not one of my better days.

We also had a pregnancy scare at our house yesterday, but THANK GOD, it wasn't me (haha, got ya Mom, breathe deep and your heart rate will go back to normal soon). I have been thinking that Dixie was carrying a little extra weight for a few days and it looked like her milk was starting to come in. I denyed it to myself, but thought it was time to do something when Mom told me she thought the same thing yesterday. I couldn't think of when she might have been bred, because we watched her like a hawk when she was in heat last month -- Kind of made me feel like a bad parent. Needless to say, Dixie had an appointment this morning at Dr. Royal's Office to be spayed. She did great, and is home now. She is still groggy and shaky at the moment -- She can't seem to find a comfortable spot to lay, but if I had stitches in my belly, I would be uncomfortable too.

I'm so glad it's the weekend and I can just relax and take it easy on the couch (Dixie will be joining me I'm sure). There is a House marathon on TV right now that sounds like a good idea. I think I might be too tired to even read my book -- How sad is that? I plan on being back to full strength by Monday -- Hope so anyway, I would really like to go to work. But, for now, it's time for Dixie and I to heal together. Misery loves Company!  :^)

No comments:

Post a Comment