Thursday, January 20, 2011

SNOW!

The story of the day?? It SNOWED!

I love Winter! The snow is so beautiful and it's so peaceful in the Winter -- But I sure do hate having to get out in it. I would much rather stay inside and enjoy the view. It took me almost an hour to get to work this morning. The roads weren't terrible, but I got behind someone in a van who thought we needed to be running 15 mph the whole way to Washington. After finally getting to work, I spent about 45 minutes shoveling snow off the sidewalk and sprinkling salt. Dr. Bowling owns entirely too much of Main Street when it comes to snow removal. But it was no match for this farm girl! I have shoveled my fair share of... poo... and a little snow is nothing compared to cleaning out the barn. After I was done, I was feeling really good about my accomplishment until I checked the answering machine to find a message from Dr. Bowling telling me that he had called someone to come remove the snow -- Oh well, I just saved him a few bucks. I still feel good about myself! Take THAT snow!

Our schedule wound up falling apart completely today and we closed the office. It is very counter-productive for people to get out in the bad weather for their chiropractic appointments and get hurt somehow. Better to just stay in. After buttoning up the office and calling the radio stations to let them know we were closing for the day, I headed for home. The roads were decent in town and great once I got out of town -- up to Plainville . I guess the county doesn't think the people who live north of Plainville count. It looked exactly the same as it did when I went to work at 8:00! The road we live on had been cleaned off pretty well, but the driveway was filled in and I had to bust new tracks (VERY FUN!) to get to the house. It felt great to be home finally! AND -- I get a Snow Day tomorrow! HECK YEAH! Four Day Weekend! Nothing better!

I started off my weekend with a nap. Then cleaned off our sidewalk and played in the snow with Dixie. I got some really good pictures of her! I took a couple videos, but they didn't turn out the best -- It's hard to hold the camera with big, thick gloves on, throw a tennis ball, and keep it focused on the dog all at once.
 
Slobber-cicles -- YUM!


I love this picture even though it's a little blurry -- One of my favorite faces in this world 

She just about knocks me over, but thankfully, she went around me -- though that would have made an awesome video!


Chuck is hiding in the bushes, but Dixie decides to flush him out -- He hates the snow, can't stand to stay in the house. Poor guy has cabin fever and it's not even February yet.


BOUNCING Dixie! Please give me the ball, Mom, please, oh please, oh please!

I do believe that now it's time to get something ready for supper and relax the rest of the evening. A new Netflix movie came in the mail, I have some laundry to fold (not relaxing), and I would like to get some sewing done. Looking forward to taking it easy the rest of the evening. Tomorrow is bound to be a great day! How can it not??  :^) 

No comments:

Post a Comment