Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Chuck, Why Can't You Be Normal?

Yesterday, I had a nice and easy day. My first massage was at 1:00, so I spent the morning piddling around the house and catching up on Law and Order: Criminal Intent. Turns out, I only had three massages so I was technically done at 4:00! I wound up sticking around and helping out in the office while I waited on Dr. Pete to get enough free time between patients to give me an adjustment. My muscles are still pretty sore from volleyball this weekend, and an adjustment was just what I needed -- Actually I really need a massage myself, but it doesn't work in our schedule for Randi to give me one. However, I am feeling much better today!

The drying out process of the basement is going extremely well, I think. The carpet is almost completely dry! I'm just hoping that the floor underneath dries out quickly as well. I have Mom's dehumidifier running now as well, so that should help too. The propane heater has been awesome for drying, except that it makes the whole house extremely HOT! We haven't run the furnace in a couple days. Mom is going to be bringing over a couple box fans today to help. The situation looks promising -- Maybe we won't have to tear up the floor after all.

After work, I made a quick trip to Wal-Mart to pick up some things -- Chuck was really thankful for some more cat food and cat litter since his was ruined in the flood. I thought that he might explode while I was trying to pour him some food. He was meowing frantically while waiting on me -- Sorry buddy, I was going as fast as I could! Chuck also rediscovered the "spot" on the fridge last night. He went through a stage at the end of last year where he was constantly attacking the fridge. There is a small circle (at about knee height) that covers a screw head or something -- All I know is that it is his mortal enemy. We would hear him jumping up and down at all hours of the day and night. I don't really know why he stopped, but he found it again last night. He has grown enough that he doesn't have to jump to get it now, but he can stand on his hind legs and chew on it -- Oh Lord, why can't we have a normal cat? Actually, I really love our weird little feline. He sure does make life interesting! You never know what he is going to get into, and he and Dixie are best friends. She would be totally lost without him.

We had lamb brats and waffle fries for dinner last night -- And they were delicious! Thank you Tim for cooking for us! We got a Netflix movie in the mail yesterday, and I usually try to make sure that when Tim is going to be home that it's something that we will both enjoy watching -- But I forgot to double check this time -- Despicable Me is not really Tim's type of movie, but I thought it was adorable! I will have to make sure that next time we watch a Shoot 'Em Up, Bang kind of movie. After the movie, it was my bedtime. Tim slept yesterday since he worked all weekend, so he was up all night. He kept himself occupied with the guitar that he bought a couple weeks ago; he is trying to teach himself to play. He was still up when I left home this morning, but he should be able to get a good nap in today and maybe sleep like a normal person tonight.

My work day has been great so far. The phone rang like crazy this morning (which is good for business), I did a load of sheets, fertilized the ferns, and worked on the filing cabinet project. My afternoon is almost completely booked up with massages as well -- I only have a half hour open, and I'm pretty sure that it won't be open for long. Should make for a busy day. I'm making enchiladas for dinner tonight, and who knows what Tim and I will get into. I really need to tidy up the house, but I feel like that will take a back burner to spending time with Tim. I have a busy day planned for tomorrow as well, so I plan on making it an early night. Gotta get that beauty sleep!   :^)

No comments:

Post a Comment