Monday, March 7, 2011

Third Time's the Charm

Does anyone actually like Mondays?? I only work a half day on Mondays, and I still dread them. It's just a complete bummer to go back to work after a good weekend.

The day started too early for my liking. Tim has still been having problems sleeping (No wonder -- His work schedule is ridiculous), so since he couldn't sleep, he went looking for turkeys this morning. Actually, he listened for them, but he didn't hear anything. It's a little early still, but turkey season is just around the corner. We bought a gobbler decoy while we were at Wal-Mart yesterday -- It was marked wrong, so we got a heck of a deal on it! I was going to take a picture of it to put on here, but it was dark by the time I got home tonight. Maybe I can get a picture uploaded tomorrow.

Tim and I took it easy this morning. He finally fell asleep about the time I headed through the shower to get ready for work. I ordered some new ballet flats for work last week, but they didn't come until Friday afternoon, so I gave them a try today. They are super cute, but they may take a little breaking in so that they don't rub on my feet. I had a pretty busy day today (3 1/2 hours of massage), then Sammie and I went out for Chinese. It was sort of last minute, but it sounded awesome, and we were starving. After Chinese (Crab Rangoon is our favorite -- YUM!), I had to make yet another trip to Wal-Mart. I think this is about the 3rd trip I have made this week -- Third time's the charm, I guess. I just needed to pick up the things that I forgot all the other times I went last week. I do believe that we are all stocked up on food and other stuff now. Good Lord, I hope so. I would really like to NOT see that place again for a while.

Tomorrow should be a great day! There is plenty to keep my busy at the front desk in the morning, and my massage schedule is looking good in the afternoon (I hope no one cancels on me). Other than that, I only have plans to clean the inside of my car and start on some Spring cleaning -- The key word there is "start". It will take more than one day to get my house as clean as I want it to be. Tim and I made some headway last night, but that's going to be a weekend project! I'll save that for a rainy day. There are too many other things to enjoy in life -- You shouldn't spend all your time cleaning. I would much rather have a HOME than a spotless house. I'm fighting a losing battle anyway. Have you met my pets??? And Tim?? He is not a neat freak by any definition, but I love him, Dixie, and Chuck anyway. I'd take a dirty house with them in it over an empty, clean house any day!

My new cell phone should be here tomorrow as well! I can't wait! I love, love, love my little orange phone, but I think it's time to upgrade. I have the waterproof, drop-proof, bulletproof, Glenna-proof military issue phone now, and it has been very good to me for 2 years! It has been kicked, whacked, dropped down stairs, even swimming in the bottom of a boat and it's still going strong, but it has started dropping calls and turning off on me. I am upgrading to a snazzy touch phone with a full keyboard, but not a smart phone. I don't want to feel like my phone is smarter than I am. What if it decides to rebel against me? I would be powerless to stop it! So, this new phone is going to teach me to be a little more gentle with technology, but I think it will be a nice phone. I ordered a pretty hard plastic case so that it will be protected from my clumsiness (It's sunflowers!!!). The best part about my new phone -- It was totally FREE!! Can't get any better than that!  :^D

No comments:

Post a Comment