Friday, March 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Grandpa Marvin

My plan to go to bed early last night failed miserably. Tim and I made a pizza for supper -- at 10:00 -- then watched The Sorcerer's Apprentice. By the way, Nicholas Cage has got an inner nerd that he gets in touch with in that movie. It's a great movie, but he takes the wizard idea way too seriously. I bet he had fun making the movie though. We finally went to bed at about 1:00! I definitely didn't want to get out of bed this morning, but Friday's are usually pretty easy for me.

Today turned out to be a shorter day than usual at the office. I only had 3 massages, so I was done with that by 11:00. Then, I worked on some paperwork and such for about an hour, but I was headed out the door for the weekend by 12:00, which was totally awesome. I went to see Miss Holly of Hair by Holly to get the caterpillars that were growing in place of my eyebrows taken care of. I am usually pretty handy with the tweezers, but sometimes you just need some professional help. I made another trip to Wal-Mart for a couple things, and placed an order at the Sportsman's Mall for Tim's turkey vest. Finally, I was headed home. Tim had lunch waiting on me when I got home -- So wonderful of him. He is the best.

After a quick nap, I was headed out the door again. This time I was going to North Daviess to help out with an open gym. Coach Burkhart is having me help the hitters and blockers, but they had softball practice today so there weren't that many girls there. It is always fun to play though, even if it's just for an hour. I'm hoping to keep helping them over the summer. I miss playing so much -- Someday when my schedule is more flexible, I will be a coach. I can't wait til that day.

After open gym, I got Tim sent off to work. Today wasn't over yet, however. Tonight was my Grandpa Marvin's birthday party -- So, after a quick shower, I was headed up the hill to Grandma's House. Dinner was great, but the guests weren't really from my generation. I still had a really good time, even though the conversations were more about grandkids, winter trips to Florida, and Weight Watchers than anything I usually talk about. Poor Dixie was really upset with me for leaving her at home by herself though, and she was really glad to see me when I finally made it home. I was really glad to just be home. It was a very long day, and it feels awesome to be sitting on the couch in my PJ's. Chuck and Dixie are already sleeping, and I will be joining them shortly. I have big plans to be productive this weekend. We will see just how much I get done. For now, I'm going to be lazy. Good night!  :^)

No comments:

Post a Comment