Saturday, March 26, 2011

Snow? Really?

The weather is crappy -- Which means that I haven't done much of anything the last two days. The only good thing about bad weather is that I don't feel bad about laying around. I have gotten caught up on naps and reading today. I can't believe that there is snow on the ground right now! I wore flip flops on Tuesday for crying out loud. What the hell!! I'm about the drive to Pennsylvania and get me a groundhog -- "Spring is coming early" -- What a load of bull. Come on, It's almost April and it's snowing? Sounds just like Spring to me (say that with a sarcastic voice, please) -- Ugh! Talk about stupid. I've heard the saying "If you don't like the weather in Indiana, wait til tomorrow and it will change." Well, this is me not liking the weather, so it can change any time it wants.

Friday was a great day. I wore my red polo and my blue jeans in celebration of Red Friday and Jean Day at the office. It's by far my favorite day of the week. My morning was booked with five massages. I got to catch up with some of my favorite clients. After finishing up at the office, I had some errands to run in town, then I was headed home for the weekend. Tim's new turkey vest was in at the Sportsman's Mall and I had to pick up a new oven element for Mom. After grabbing a bite of lunch, Tim and I went out in the yard and sighted in the scopes on our shotguns. Turkey season is less than a month away! My trigger finger is getting itchy. Come on April 27th!

After getting Tim sent off to work with the leftover enchiladas from the night before, I fell asleep on the couch for a couple hours. Man that's lazy, but I was exhausted from the busy, busy week I had. I woke up from my nap with a second wind and went up to Mom's to help her finish up the feeding and deliver her new oven element. She is weaning the goat kids and it wasn't going well. They didn't really get the concept of an electric fence, so there was a lot of BAAAAH-ing going on. I stuck around to fix supper and watch some TV with them. I may not live at home anymore, but I still love spending time with Momma and Pop. I tend to stay for longer than I should, but I just can't seem to help myself. I thought about taking the time to blog last night before bed, but I was tired and it was late, so I decided to crash out.

Is it bad that the best part about getting Tim's turkey vest is that it came in a big box? Chuck hasn't stopped playing in it since we gave it to him. We are constantly on "box alert," because he loves them so much. It cracks me up because Dixie can't figure out where he goes when he is playing in it, then she freaks out when he jumps out at her. I have done pretty much nothing today. I slept in a little bit this morning, then had some Captain Crunch for breakfast (It's my favorite from when I was a kid, and Dixie and Chuck love getting the milk when I'm done). I was invaded while trying to take a shower by my water-loving cat. He has been taking it to a whole new level lately -- He usually gets in the shower BEFORE I do. I think I'm going to bring some cat shampoo with me tomorrow and try to actually give him a bath. He gets wet all the way to his skin, so it shouldn't be too hard. What a weird cat! I really do think he might be part dog! Dix and Chuck were both outside playing in the yard this morning (Chuck finished the other half of the mouse that he left on the back step last night). When I yelled at them to come inside, they BOTH came running. He comes when he is called! How about them apples? Bet you don't have a cat that does that. I was looking at old pictures of Dixie and Chuck on my computer today and I just have to share my favorites with you:

 This is a picture of my beautiful baby girl the day after we got her. I will always love that fat little puppy face. I don't know what I would do without her in my life.

This is Chuck on the night that we found him in the cornfield. Tim had to work that night, so I was left to defend myself against the demon kitten. Do you know how hard it was to give this thing a bath? Look at those EARS!

So now, I am in my spot on the couch. I listened to the Hatchets play on the radio (Congrats), then watched My Best Friend's Girl, which is the first movie that Tim and I went to see in theaters when we started dating. It has some sentimental value to me for that reason, but it's a funny movie as well. I just finished watching the Roast of Donald Trump on Comedy Central. I haven't laughed that much in ages. He says he might run for President?! I'm not sure how I feel about that. I know we need a change, but I'll have to think on that some more before I make a final judgment. Norm McDonald is on now, so I guess I'll be up for a while longer, but I'm going to wrap up this post for the evening. My babies are asleep in their usual spots. The house is peaceful and quiet. Tomorrow is Sunday. I have GOT to get some things done around the house. I will do my best! Good Night!   :^D

1 comment:

  1. Ha I watched 'My Best Friend's Girl' the other night! It always makes me laugh!:)

    ReplyDelete