Thursday, March 3, 2011

Gnomes and EOB's

Well, writing a post every day got shot in the foot again. My plan was to get a lot done last night after work, but I wound up staying too long at Mom's and falling asleep on the couch without getting much accomplished -- But I really needed the sleep and felt much better this morning. I'm going to try to go to bed early again tonight; I even get an extra hour of wonderful sleep because my first massage tomorrow morning isn't until 9:00.

Wednesdays at the office are my busiest days, and yesterday was no exception. We had a fairly busy morning at the front desk. There was a pretty steady stream of patients, but I still managed to get quite a bit of the filing cabinet project done. I am up to the 4th drawer now! Slow and steady -- That's my game plan.

My afternoon was BOOKED! I had 5 massages, which is probably why I was tired and fell asleep early last night. Henry, my Marine client (he reminds me so much of my Grandpa Jack), brought me a little gift when he came to see me yesterday. It is the cutest garden gnome figurine ever -- A short, fat Marine Drill Instructor with a big, white Santa Claus beard. He has a shotgun in his hands and patches on his knees. He is beyond adorable! Don't ya think?? 


After I finished up my massages and some office work, I headed home. After swinging by the house to pick up Dixie and change clothes, I went up to Mom's to deliver her dogfood. She goes through more dogfood than any person I know. I had meant to stay for just a few minutes, but wound up staying over an hour. I got some box fans to help dry out the basement (It's working!) and showed her my gnome from Henry. FINALLY, I made it home. I loaded up the dishwasher and ate a salad for dinner, then sat on the couch for a few minutes to digest. Before I knew it, I was waking up at 11:30 to move to the bed, but I slept like a baby and woke up feeling refreshed.

I spent most of this morning working on my filing cabinet project. I went into over-achiever mode again and came up with a system of keeping track of the EOB's (Explanation of Benefits -- It's insurance stuff that we keep in the patients' files). It is going to be a lot of extra work this year, but it will make the job exponentially easier next year, because I won't have to look in every file, just the ones that I need to. Sometimes, it's a good thing to be a little bit of an over achiever -- Just means that I'm working hard.

Once again, I had a busy afternoon (I have noticed a bit of a trend lately -- My people are taking care of me) and had a full afternoon scheduled after our staff meeting at 1:00. Turns out, my 5:00 appointment was battling a Urinary Tract Infection, and it would have been very uncomfortable if I had given her a massage, so I got done a little early today. I had Dr. Pete give me an adjustment and tried out our decompression table for the first time -- My neck feels so much better! I finished up a few things at the front desk, and I got my massage table ready for tomorrow so I'm ready to go as soon as I walk in the door. I met Tim in the parking lot before he went in to work -- Just had to get that kiss before I headed home. We chatted for a few minutes, which was nice because I really haven't seen him the last couple days. It's always great to see him, even if it's just for a minute or two. Night shift sucks!

Now, I am being lazy and sitting on our couch. It has taken me almost 2 hours to write this blog post. That's what I get I suppose when I go a couple days without writing anything -- I have to play catch up. Dixie and I ran a mile tonight (It's not that far, but I feel better and she had fun). I love this Spring weather. It inspires me to be productive. Now, if I could only get motivated to clean my house. I have a feeling that it's not going to get done tonight -- I am just about ready for bed. Chuck and Dixie are both sacked out on the couch with me -- Dixie is laying across my feet and legs, Chuck is sprawled on my stomach. I think we might migrate to the bed soon. Maybe I need a snack first -- resist -- resist -- resist! I just have to avoid looking at the fridge on my way to bed. Wish me luck! Thank the Good Lord that tomorrow is Friday. I love Friday!  :^)

No comments:

Post a Comment