Sunday, March 13, 2011

Goodbye Winter Feet -- Hello Spring!

I don't really feel motivated enough to write much tonight -- So this will not take long. It's been a busy weekend, and I'm really enjoying having a lazy day. Besides, that's what Sundays are for.

Yesterday, I went on a trip to Vincennes with Momma and Caitlin. They wanted to stop at the Yarn Shop (ugh, knitters lol), but Dwain called me while we were there so I talked to him instead of shopping for yarn -- I'm not much of a knitter; I prefer to sew. We wound up talking for over an hour. It always makes my day to talk to him. He usually does most of the talking, and part of it is over my head, but I don't care one bit. I'm so proud of him.

After the yarn shop, we got some Hardee's for lunch then went to Classy Nails for pedicures. It felt so good to get rid of my winter feet. I would have gotten a manicure as well, but I figured the cut on my finger would sting a little bit, so I passed. Now, my toes are pretty and pink -- Just in time for Spring. One more stop at Rural King and we were headed back to Washington. After dropping Caitlin off, we went to Subway so I could get a sandwich for Tim's supper. Finally, we were headed for home. My next chore was to help Mom with her feeding and work on some laundry. I got all but one load done, and we watched the new Robin Hood movie with Russell Crowe. I also texted Dwain for most of the night -- He was being his usually Dwain-y self. I was so tired when I finally made it home and into bed -- I crashed almost immediately.

I slept in this morning for a little while -- Not too long, and then took a nice, hot shower -- Complete with an appearance from Chuck. Tim evidently fell asleep watching a Primos turkey hunting video, so I sent him to bed so he would be more comfortable. I then spent a good deal of the afternoon reading and watching River Monsters on TV. I did spend a little time outside working on the porch -- It was really dirty -- So, I feel good about that.

After making supper and helping Tim cut his hair, I got him sent off to work. Now, I'm parked on the couch again. I need to run up to Mom's to finish that last load of laundry and run the vacuum over our floors. Chuck and Dixie are both shedding like crazy and there is hair everywhere. Other than that, I don't plan on doing anything productive the rest of the evening. I'm going to thoroughly enjoy the rest of my weekend. It's back to work tomorrow -- Back to busy-ness!   :^)

No comments:

Post a Comment