Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It's like a Cat on Acid

I would like to start today's post by saying that I dearly love my created-on-a-whim blog. It's such a great stress reliever for me. I really look forward to sharing my day, especially the funny bits -- It seems like something amusing is always happening. Sometimes, I have to work to keep up with it, but I think it's worth the effort. I may not have the most interesting life out there, but I sure do love it -- And there is nothing better than sharing my crazy life with the people I love!

As usual, Wednesdays are one of my busiest days of the week. The schedule for our morning patients was slower than pond water, so I worked on -- take a guess -- the filing cabinet project. I now have the first row of drawers done, which means there are 15 more drawers to go. That's sort of depressing when I think about it, but I should be able to get another drawer done tomorrow morning. Slow and steady wins this race! Because the schedule was so slow, Dr. Pete even helped me out some today. Thanks Pete!! You're the best!

My massage schedule this afternoon was BOOKED -- I'm noticing a trend here. I'm not complaining at all, but I didn't get near enough sleep last night, and my butt was dragging a little bit today. I plan on changing that for tomorrow -- I'm going to be in bed by 10:00 tonight -- No ifs, ands, or buts. I have 5 massages scheduled for each of the next 2 days, and I only have a couple openings left for next week! My guardian angel is sure sending people to see me, but I think that's why I love my job. How awesome is it to impact someone's life by taking away their pain? The rewards of being a massage therapist are incredible! This is 100%, hands down, EXACTLY what I was supposed to do with my life. I have got one heck of a guardian angel -- Ain't no doubt about that. I am one of only a very few people who can say that they truly, truly LOVE their job. Guardian Angel, you just keep sending them my way -- I'll take care of em!

After work, I made a quick trip to Mom's to pick up Dixie and deliver a few groceries I picked up for her today. I had to make ANOTHER run to Wal-Mart today for Band-Aids -- Stupid finger. Have you ever noticed that when you have something that hurts you will bump it on absolutely everything? I bet I hit my finger at least 2 dozen times today -- One time, I even broke it open, and it started bleeding again, which probably means that I should have gotten a stitch put in it, but it's too late now. Typing is murder -- I just don't use that finger if I can help it. When I was doing my massages, the lotion kept making it slippery, so I was fighting to keep the Band-Aid on -- That was very annoying. Finally, I made it to the end of the day. Man, I sure hope tomorrow goes better for my poor little finger.

Dixie got to visit with Cousin Annie at Grandma Sara's house today, so she was totally wiped out by the time we got home. I guess you really can have too much fun. Chuck, on the other hand, was left to entertain himself today -- And he was ready to PLAY when we got home. He bounced around the house like a ping pong ball for about an hour. Nothing was safe! He attacked Dixie, the "dot" on the fridge, my purse, Tim, the trash can, Me -- He even chased his tail (one of my favorite things in this world is watching that crazy cat chase his tail). He is now dead to the world on the back of the couch, but I actually feared for our safety there for a while. When he gets wound up, he is WOUND UP! It's like a cat on acid -- I have never tried acid, but it sounds like a bad deal. What kind of name is that for a drug anyway? Who would want to mess around with something called acid? They should have named it "chocolate"; everyone loves chocolate. The world would be a better place if everyone enjoyed a little chocolate now and then.

Wow, okay, back on topic now. I went off on a bit of a tangent there for a minute. I think it's time to wrap this up for the night. Tim and I both have an early day tomorrow, and that wonderful soft bed is calling my name. I can hear it, I swear. Tomorrow should be another wonderful, great day -- But, I'm soo ready for the weekend. After this busy week, I'm going to need some quality chill-out time to recover completely. I think that a good book is in order -- I'm still reading the second Outlander book, but it's over 800 pages, so it's taking a while. I have been so busy, I haven't even read much -- And that is a crying shame, because I love to read. I also have several sewing projects to work on this weekend. Dad has some jeans that I really, really need to get patched. I think he gave them to me before Christmas -- Yup, I'll get right on that. But, I need sleep first! Good night!   :^)

No comments:

Post a Comment